CREATE. ANNOTATE. COLLABORATE. A professional dictation app providing enhanced workflow and security. Includes a 60 day free trial of the Olympus Dictation Delivery Service.
Create new dictations quickly and easily. Simply open the app, tap new and start your recording.
Edit dictations and attached pictures to your files for better reference on your topic.
Send completed dictations into your existing transcription workflows using an ODDS account (required).
The Olympus Dictation App is a simple recording app designed to work with the Olympus Dictation Delivery Service (ODDS) resulting in an enterprise level dictation solution. ODDS is a cloud-based subscription service offering centralized control, advanced workflow and routing functions for your dictations. Sign-up for a free 60 day trial of the ODDS service directly from within the app. An ODDS account is required to use the app.
FOR UPGRADING USERS
Recent enhancements to the app will now require you migrate your data and settings.
Please follow the setup wizard on the app to sign-up for ODDS.
If your company is already using Olympus Dictation and you need to add a new user license please contact your Administrator.
1. Record, insert & overwrite dictations
2. Attach pictures to your recording
3. Priority Setting
4. Simple search function
5. Send dictations to Olympus Dictation Delivery Service (ODDS)
6. Support of audio formats DSS & DSS Pro (industry standard for professional speech processing)
7. Integrated with existing dictation and transcription workflow with Olympus Dictation Management System.
8. Password protected dictations supported by DSS Pro (256 bit AES encryption)
9. Secure data transfer via HTTPS / FTPS / SFTP
10. Optional connection to a self-hosted ftp server
11. Auto-split of large files
12. Central administration via Olympus Dictation Portal (access via web browser)
- Assigning dedicated worktype lists to users (groups)
- Defining recipients for users
- Defining transfer methods and recording formats
- Setting security features
- Using meta information like Author IDs for automatic processing
For further information see
http://www.olympus.eu/odds-phone (for Europe)
http://www.olympusamericaprodictation.com/app (for U.S.)
https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Software-Applications/Audio-Software-Workflow (for Oceania)
- NOTICE: This is a major version update. Please be sure to backup all existing dictations prior to running the update.
- NEW: All app users are now required to have an ODDS account. Sign-up for a free trail directly from with the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but far from perfect
Would like if you could import a DSS/DS2 file from another device to work on or play! Seems the app is very limited especially for a company like Olympus.
This a brilliantly straightforward dictation app and so much easier than all the others I looked at. My only (big) grievance is that it only uses the AAC format which isn’t compatible with the formats at work. Were it not for this it would be 5 stars.
Ability to save to cloud storage would be perfect
Sometimes the files are too large and emailing is not the option. Please could you enable the feature saving to cloud drives (Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) for your app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.