Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for iOS. Or you can get OmniFocus for iOS, Mac, and web for just one price with the OmniFocus Subscription. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your iPhone and iPad, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure your data is the same on all your iOS devices. (And on OmniFocus for Mac and Web, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for person, energy level, priority, location, and more.
• NEW: Batch editing lets you set due dates, tags, and other data for multiple tasks all at once
• NEW: Flexible inspectors allow you to show only the features you use, and reorder them so your favorites are where you want them
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, organize them later
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have the information you need
• Attachments — graphics and audio — add rich information to your tasks
• View options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay organized
• With Siri support you can add tasks just by talking
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier
• The Today Widget and the Apple Watch app show you your most important items — you don’t even have to open OmniFocus on your phone to know what’s up
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better
• The customizable sidebar and home screen lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center
Download OmniFocus and start your free trial! The app includes a quick tutorial and a manual — and there’s plenty more on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
Subscription Terms of Service: https://www.omnigroup.com/legal
OmniFocus 3.15.1 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• First Day of Week — Removed obsolete First Day of Week preference (First Day of Week can now be set device-wide in Settings > General > Langauge & Region). If you previously manipulated this preference, you may need to reset it via omnifocus:///debug?reset-first-weekday.
• Links — Improved reliability of URL detection on iOS and iPadOS 17.
• Stability — Creating a new custom perspective while "Other Perspectives" group is collapsed no longer triggers a crash.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
The final push...
A confession: I have jumped around from task manager to task manager sometimes just after a couple of days. Through this, though, I have always had the feeling that OmniFocus is the best of the bunch, the tool that the pros would use. For some reason, though, I could never get it to stick for me and I would often burn down my lists and start again. I think I wanted to be the type of person who would use OmniFocus rather than actually use it to get things done.
When I read the OmniFocus road map earlier this year I knew that I had no excuses left, if I couldn’t make this work, well...
This latest iteration of OmniFocus has addressed the key concern that I have had with previous versions and that is the ability to use tags. This, coupled with the forthcoming ability to edit basic lists on a PC ( I have to have one for work) means that there are no more barriers to learning how to use OmniFocus to run my life.
Great, but let down by one bug
I used the original OmniFocus on an iPad 2 but found it so convoluted and unnecessarily complex that I stopped using it and didn’t bother with version 2. However, after reading the reviews for OmniFocus 3 I decided to give it a try. First of all, it’s great to be able to use the app free for two weeks. Secondly, it’s now so much more intuitive and straightforward to use. There is just one irritating bug that needs addressing - that is that occasionally tapping on the new item icon does nothing and the app has to be closed and reopened. I’ve raised this with support and, if fixed, this will be a five-star app.
Update: This bug is really getting annoying now - it’s happening almost every time I try to add an item and closing and reopening the app is a pain. This ‘productivity app’ is hindering my productivity! I was way too quick to by the pro version and if this bug isn’t fixed I hope I can get a refund.
Anyhow, I’ve passed it to support and I’m hoping for a fix as I like the app in all other respects.
Update: well it’s been months since I wrote this review and the bug persists. I’ve stuck with app despite what I said earlier, but would expect better from an app this expensive.
I have given 5 stars, long time user
I will give 5 stars because they do deserve it and it has to be one of the best.
I do feel though Omnifocus are pricing themselves out of the market & also their 1 star reviews are bringing down their overall ratings a lot I feel mainly due to the price - why? Because when you are one of the most expensive on the market, customers don’t even want the smallest of problems.
I’d suggest they do something about it because if they don’t get many reviews and many 4/5 star reviews they may see themselves slowly disappearing from the ranks which would be sad to see because this truly is one of the best apps on the market for project and task management both for personal and business.
Also reviews and the number of reviews matter when it comes to new customers, if Omnifocus had reviews all the way back from version one they would have thousands of reviews and probably a reviews score better than it is with OF3 which started as a fairly buggy version.
Maybe do in app ‘Upgrades’ instead so you can keep hold of all of your reviews rather then starting from scratch every version. I can understand the challenge of that but most apps do it this way and I feel it’s a better long term strategy.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Omni Group
- 170 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2023 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial £0.00
- Legacy OmniFocus Subscription £9.49
- Free Trial £0.00
- Free Trial £0.00
- Upgrade to v3 Pro £39.99
- OmniFocus Subscription £9.99
- Upgrade to v3 Standard £24.99
- Unlock Standard £49.99
- Unlock Pro £69.99
- Free upgrade to v3 Pro £0.00
Get things done within this app using just your voice.