Onshape is a full mechanical CAD platform designed for professional users and extended teams. Create, edit, collaborate, and comment in real time with others from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection (free sign-up required).
With Onshape’s secure cloud workspace teams can work together from anywhere on any device without the hassles of file management, IT overhead, and license key distribution, helping engineers focus more on doing their best work.
• Design parts together in Part Studios with a full suite of parametric modeling tools
• Create mechanical Assemblies to capture complex motion
Ease of Access:
• Create, edit, and view from any computer or mobile device (internet connection required)
• Begin a project from one device and seamlessly continue from another
• Instantly share your CAD data with your teams and partners. Monitor, change, and revoke permissions at any time
• Work together with other users and view changes in real-time as they are made
• Use Follow mode to see exactly what your teammate sees and add suggestions using Onshape’s built-in commenting tools
• Maintain a single source of truth for your data, no more sending around or checking in and out of files
• Never worry about losing your work, all of your changes are saved automatically
• Explore multiple design ideas in parallel and create professional release and approval processes for your designs
Onshape for iOS also features Apple Pencil support for more intuitive sketching, navigation, and precise selection.
Onshape proudly supports students and educators free of charge and is available free for non-commercial projects in an open-source public work space.
Since Onshape is updated every few weeks with dozens of new features and user-requested enhancements, keep an eye out for update notifications from the Apple App Store.
• Support mass properties override
• Navigate to Onshape app when clicking on Enterprise links
• Add 'hide all' in Assemblies
• Fixed a specific workflow where creating a new tab does not navigate to new tab
• Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not for faint hearted
App very touchy at times especially using fingers, you will need a touch screen pen to be more accurate.
It’s also not a tool for beginners, after several hours use I still end up scratching my head at times.
I’ve no doubt some people can use this effectively, I’m one who can’t.
I’ve no problem using other cad dedicated programs this just seams to not suited for me. ( I’m used to 2d cnc programming)
Mid star rating as I have no doubt it works but for some it’s not the right program for a touch screen device.
Can’t put it down
Since starting to use it on my tablet and laptop and finding the app on iTunes, I seriously cannot put it down!
Even if you’re not creative, it’s easy to use and you will be able to produce 3D designs.
Best of all, it’s web-based, there’s no save it or lose it, you can collaborate with multiple users, friends or colleagues and make changes on the fly, where anyone, or everyone collaborating, can make changes at the same time.
All-in-all, I don’t think there is a better CAD package anywhere in the world!!!!
I picked this up without any tuition. If you’ve used 3D CAD before you’ll find it intuitive and easy to use. It packs in great menus into a small space on my iPhone 6s, runs fast and is easy to edit. This is a pro product without the bloat ware. I never thought I would be designing on my phone as previously the apps were too fiddly. This is a new standard.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Onshape Inc.
- 38.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Onshape Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.