Recently described (in The Daily Telegraph) as ‘the bible of the industry’, OPERA has been the world’s leading commentator on the lyric stage for almost 60 years.
The free Opera application includes access to selected pages from the current issue. Within the application you can purchase access to the complete issue and an archive of back issues extending to August 2006. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£5.99 per month
£54.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
Updated app icon.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent alternative to the paper version
If you regularly read this magazine and use this app on the iPad I'd say this is a great alternative. A quid cheaper than the paper version, (when you pay per issue), the pages the same size and all content and pictures in very high definition. Ok the pages take a couple of seconds to download the first time each issue, but then they're crystal clear and fast to turn over. You also get access to several years with of back issues! I'd recommend, personally.
This lousy app shows a just few slow-loading pages before requiring payment for the issue
A useless and inadequate preview
Publisher should either allow viewing of a full issue before requiring a subscription or dump this app in the trash where it belongs
Cannot even download
I have been sent a subscription as a birthday present but the app won't open when downloaded and no reply from the support team - so hard to recommend
- Opera Magazine Limited
- 12.2 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Opera Magazine £4.99
- Opera £5.99
- Opera Magazine £54.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.