Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OsmAnd Maps is a map application with access to free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data can be stored on your device's memory card for offline use. All the main functionality works both online and offline (no internet needed).
Some of the main features:
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• Ability to display the map and navigation instructions with CarPlay
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Unlimited download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional speed and altitude display
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, ...
We offer 4 auto-renewing subscription options named OsmAnd Live for getting all features + hourly map updates in the app:
$1.99 / month
$3.99 / 3 month
$7.99 / 1 year
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Account will be charged for subscription renewal at the price of the chosen package within 24-hours before the current period ends.
You can manage subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
If you purchase a subscription during a free trial period, the unused portion of this period will be forfeited.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• New! "Add favorite" screen with options to select the custom icon, color, and shape
• Added new "Coordinates widget" with coordinates of the current location
• Added ability to import custom user-defined plugins
• Significantly extended the import/export functionality
• Distance by tap moved from the Radius ruler into a separate option
• Fixed CarPlay app freezes when iPhone screen is turned off
• Plugins screen moved from the Maps & Resources to the main menu
• Added Finnish localization
• Fixed UI in landscape orientation for “Plan a route” screen
• Added support for custom routing and rendering files
• Fixed performance of markers direction line
• Fixed issue with importing GPX files with uppercase extensions
• Fixed issue with "Follow track" menu
• Fixed import of OBF files
Ratings and Reviews
I use in conjunction with google earth pro
The app is great. I plan my rides & walks on google earth pro, then run them on OsmAnd, they work great together. I only knocked 1 star off as the route map of Portugal is not as detailed as others, missing a lot of the smaller established roads/tracks ... which is the main reason I have to use it in conjunction with google earth and not OsmAnd’s, that not only shows the smaller established roads/ tracks, but also the fun unregistered less used tracks.
OK but some features not working on iOS
I did a lot of research looking for an app to give turn by turn navigation especially when following an existing gpx route.
Planning ahead to my summer trip to France I thought I would use OSMAnd to take part of an existing French national veloroute which passed where I am staying. I followed all the stages suggested by the support pages but when it came to save the route I had taken hours designing (whilst learning how to use the app) the option does not seem to work. You are supposed to touch(click) on the route distance/time summary within navigation to bring up the route info including elevation (essential when you are planning cycling/hiking routes) and save from that page.
The route info page does not show at all, can’t save my route and have wasted hours trying not to loose all the work I put in... very annoying
A long-time review that’s very deserving: I’ve used this app for three bicycle tours (ie. wilderness) over 7 years and its never let me down. Its fast and precise at loading open source data, views, highlights, ways of navigating. The GUI is clear and keeps things simple when dealing with these levels of granularity. A special delight it loading geo-located Wikipedia articles. Route-mapping is infinitely better than Google, Apple etc. I basically would’ve been in a bad spot many a time without it. Big respect to the devs and people designing this; online mapping seeks to reduce the world to tarmac-roads-and-businesses-you-can-visit, this app exposes all the complexity and beauty of it. Thanks!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OsmAND B.V.
- 271 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Wikipedia £0.00
- Contour lines £2.49
- OsmAnd: All inclusive Annual £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.