Automated meeting notes for Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more. Stay connected and collaborative when you work from home.
OtterPilot™ your meetings with AI. Get a meeting assistant that records audio, writes notes, automatically captures slides, and generates summaries.
Otter transcribes all your meetings, interviews, lectures, and everyday voice conversations in real time, so you can focus on the discussion. Get automated notes for: in-person, Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams. All notes are searchable, and shareable. Otter.ai is also available on the web. English only.
• Take meeting notes automatically, and share with teammates to keep everyone in sync
• Record and transcribe interviews, lectures, podcasts, videos, webinars, keynotes
• Provide live captioning to the deaf and hard-of-hearing communities, ESL learners, and anyone with accessibility needs
Record & Transcribe Live
• Record instantly in one tap, with widget and shortcut too
• Transcribe in real time (when online) with high accuracy
• Highlight the key points to review later
• Insert photos of whiteboard discussions, slides, etc.
• Input audio via built-in mic or Bluetooth device
Enrich Notes with AI
• Punctuate, capitalize, and break paragraphs automatically
• Identify speakers (after some training)
• Generate word clouds and summary keywords; tap on a word to jump to where it was said
• Automated Slide Capture during virtual meetings
• Automated Summary after all meetings
Share & Collaborate
• Start a recording inside a group to share the transcript live
• Invite group members to view, edit, and highlight collaboratively. All highlights will be captured in the Takeaways panel.
• Within the Takeaways panel, add comments and assign action items
• Share externally via links
Search & Playback
• Search the text so you don't have to scrub through the whole audio
• Playback at adjustable speeds
• Follow along the highlighted word as the audio is playing
• Tap on any word to jump the audio to that spot
Edit & Highlight
• Edit the text to correct any errors
• Tag the speakers to label the paragraphs and train Otter to identify speakers too
• Highlight sentences in one tap
Organize & Export
• Organize conversations into personal folders
• Copy to clipboard, or share directly to other apps
• Export as PDF, TXT, SRT, MP3
Import & Sync
• Import audio and video files
• Sync your Zoom account to transcribe cloud recordings
• Upload from other call recording apps
• Sync your calendars to be reminded to record your meetings and auto-title your notes
• Import your contacts for easy sharing
Optimized for iOS
• Start/Stop recording with Siri Shortcut & home widget
• Record via AirPods
• Sync with iOS Calendar, Contacts & Camera
• Preview conversations with 3D Touch
• Lock with Face/Touch ID
• Print via AirPrint
• Adjust font size with Dynamic Type
• More playback speeds and skip silence
• Bulk export
• Choose either monthly billing or save big with yearly billing
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
“Otter.ai Is A Gem For Transcribing Your Recorded Thoughts Into Writing” - Forbes 2023
"Apps We Love 2019" – App Store
"7 Best Apps of 2018" – Mashable
"25 Best New Apps of 2018" – Fast Company
We take security and privacy seriously. Your data is confidential and will not be transferred to third parties. You have full control to delete your data from your account.
Need help? Check out our Help Center: https://help.otter.ai
Terms of Service: https://otter.ai/terms-of-service
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Simply The Best & Affordable!
It must be at least ten years or more* I’ve been using Sync Folders Pro. In the secular world, I led the world’s largest live-streaming compliance archive of 90pb+, processing 1 billion messages a week compliant with multiple financial services and SEC regulations, so I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about software and back-ups. In my domestic life and experience throughout those ten years, I’ve seen nothing that comes even close to the range of options, simplicity and stability of Sync Folders Pro. I am obsessed with backing up and using Sync Folders Pro to secure several Macs and PCs, plus innumerable multi-terabyte storage devices, to two NAS drives (originals to NAS No1, which is backed up to NAS No2). Over the years, it’s been fascinating to see the imperfections of various ‘cloud’ providers - who, I promise you - corrupt and lose files. However, most people would never notice and likely blame themselves! However, the ‘safety’ options provided in Sync Folders Pro ensure you can easily spot those missing files and retrieve multiple versions. It amazes me that the average user trusts terabytes and petabytes of data without a sync strategy. Anyway, I highly recommend Sync Folders Pro if you want a simple, multifaceted sync and backup solution with outstanding customer support (though I’ve only had to use that service twice).
Podcasters dream solution
I’ve been using this app for a month now and not only does it have the essential requirements of voice recorder quality, accurate transcription to text and intuitive interface but it surprises me with thoughtful output hacks like the word cloud which allows me to pull all recordings into a list based on a chosen tag.
Its so easy to podcast using Otter. I just record the podcast episode on Otter (usually in sections) then import to Dropbox before adding to the Audacity editor where I can add music and refine the show. It’s a great time saving tool because the playback functionality allows you to read the text transcript (which makes it easy to spot those parts of the show you want to edit) and tap the screen at the partvyuu want to listen to again. This saves hours of time listening to audio.
There seems to be masses of free recording minutes which is generous and allows time to explore before committing to a subscription.
Thank you Otter team, absolutely brilliant.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Refer your friends through your referral link and you both get rewarded. Follow us on Twitter (@otter_ai), Facebook (@OtterAI), and LinkedIn (Otter.ai). Also check out Otter for Teams ( https://otter.ai/teams ) for your organization.
Usefulness degraded by the fact that it auto joins all meetings by default
I downloaded this to try on the recommendation of Birmingham Institute for the Deaf.
The main problem I’ve found is that it will automatically join every meeting in your calendar by default. A better default would be that you have to explicitly invite it or mark a meeting as requiring transcription. You can turn off auto join, but you have to look for the setting and know it’s there.
The subscription price is potentially prohibitive for the occasional/casual user who needs to transcribe meetings over 30 minutes but not that often so don’t go over the free tier 300 minute per month limit. Perhaps some sort of prepaid credits system could be implemented where if an individual meeting goes over your tier limit or you exceed your tier total usage for the month you are charged by the minute or in 5 minute slots. This would be a similar model to a mobile phone plan where you get so many inclusive minutes and text messages each month but if you go over then you are charged per minute/text. It would also help paid subscribers who normally stay within their tier limit but once in a while have a meeting run over or extra meetings, but not often enough that it justifies moving up a tier.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I have tagged this for our product team to review!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Otter.ai, Inc.
- 102.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Otter.ai
- In-App Purchases
- Otter Pro (monthly) £17.49
- Otter Pro (monthly) £17.49
- Otter Pro (Yearly) £129.99
- Otter Pro (yearly) £129.99