Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
• Create links from text to other pages in a page layout document.
• Copy and paste pages or sections between documents.
• Place images, shapes and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
• Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
• Reapply a master page so text and media placeholders return to their default style and position.
• Create books using new templates for novels (available in English only).
Ratings and Reviews
Pages is my favourite word processor, it's almost perfect.
As an academic, it's hard to get out of using Microsoft Word for any documents that get written. I started using Pages for my undergraduate dissertation against the advice of my tutors as it would have been "too much bother". The fact of the matter is simple, the UI is so much more intuitive than MS Word, it's nicer to use, and syncs natively with my iPad and iPhone - therefore making the little extra effort I have to make to conform with peers alot more worth it.
As the title suggests, it isn't perfect, however. There are a handful of issues, which personally I would call inconveniences. The first being to do with captioning: the tool i miss most from Word is the ability to caption figures and not worry about renumbering them - a feature which for me would make it a 5 star review. The other inconvenience I have is the lack of a reference manager: though not an issue for me as I use EndNote, this is a feature that makes Word worth paying for as there is no need to buy another software to manage them, but I would imagine the average user would not need this feature anyway.
Other than that, Pages is great! Thanks Apple for yet another great app.
On a whim, I have been using this more lately, mainly as a break from MS Word. Changing the interface that I have to stare at has helped me get through a writer’s block. This is a handy and very acceptable word processor. For 95% of the writing I do, I don’t need 95% of the features in Word. Pages is clean, intuitive, and focused on the text you are writing. Exporting to Word is easy and, without anything to do with fancy formatting, always works for me. Opening Word documents in Pages has also worked, but, again, I have not tested this with anything that has fancy formatting. This is not enterprise software. This is your word processor for whatever you need to do in your private life – produce a newsletter, make a brochure, write a draft (which is what I am doing). Export options should cover most needs. One glitch I find annoying: the auto-cap at the start of a sentence is unreliable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. One specific praise: the toolbars and buttons are bright and colourful, so unlike the appeatrance Apple adopted elsewhere. If you just need to sit down and write, give this a try.
Only one thing missing now
Having used Appleworks for nearly 30 years, I was wary of having to change to Pages. But change was necessary, since when Lion was introduced, support for Appleworks disappeared. Being a writer of Maths textbooks, Appleworks was so easy to use, but having spent over a year working with Pages, I’m almost back to being able to do everything I could in Appleworks - with one exception. I have Pages 4 as well as Pages 6 and I need pages 4 to allow me to open all my older Appleworks files, sinces Pages 6 won’t read them. The only thing I can no longer do, which I could in Appleworks AND in pages 4 is insert an equation into a text box. You can do it on the page background but not in a text window, and for someone writing maths textbooks that is a terrible problem, having now to place equations and fractions one at a time manually in place. I’ve spoken to the Maths Type developers and they said the problem lies with Apple. So come on Apple - please make the next version of Pages as Equation Editor friendly.
- Apple Distribution International
- 282.2 MB
macOS 10.13 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.