Elevate your comic reading experience with Panels. Enjoy reading your favorite titles in a clean and delightful interface, with plenty of customization and advanced features.
- Universal Compatibility: Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ, CB7, PDF and comic ePUB* (not text eBook). Support for multiple image formats, including WebP.
- Cross-Device Sync: Synchronize your reading progress across all your devices and resume reading exactly where you left off.
- Full iCloud Drive support: store your entire library on iCloud and access it from different devices.
- Library Organization: Effortlessly manage your comic library with intuitive tools for easy navigation.
* Themes: support for Light and Dark modes, and many others.
* Reading Presets: Choose from a multitude of reading presets or create your own, including horizontal, vertical, or panel-by-panel guided view.
- Right to Left reading (manga): read any comic with Panels.
* OPDS support: Stream, search and download comics from your OPDS compatible server.
* Secure your content: Keep files locked using a password or Face ID for your collections and files. Use Incognito mode to keep your reading sessions hidden.
- Customize your library collections: change folder color, logos and use custom images to make it yours.
* Customizable Live Text and Subject detection.
* Experimental Features: Access experimental features like screen reading or panel-by-panel navigation.
Native support for importing files from:
* iCloud Drive
* Google Drive
* Microsoft OneDrive
* OPDS: Komga, Kavita, Codex and others
* Local network shared files and folders via SMB and Embedded web server
- External drives
- Drag&Drop from other apps
* Require an active subscription or a one-time purchase.
• Reduce the allowance of memory usage per page to reduce the chances of crashing due to memory exhaustion.
• Random crash when reading.
• Sometimes the readers crash when using one-finger zoom.
• Speed up PDF rendering.
• Reduce ePUB footprint.
• Readers now consume less memory.
• Added ePUB to imported UTI so Panels can handle it from other apps.
• Page images are not cached when generated from ePUB/PDF.
• Thumbnails are not cached on disk.
• ePUB Comic support
• Live Text now shows a button on top of the reader to give feedback when the text/subject detection is complete. Tapping on this button shows the Live Text detection highlight.
• Added another Live Text button to highlight the detected subjects to be lift-off the page.
• A new Live Text section in Settings to hide/show the new feedback button, and to select the type of detection we want Live Text to do. (text only, subjects only, text + subjects).
• Improved the internal logic to deal with RTL reading.
• Adds UI feedback when deleting caches. Also shows the cache size.
• Clear cache also deletes URLSession caches and other temporary files.
• Compressed files with a different compression method, but the cbz/zip extension doesn\'t work.
• Dynamic background works incorrectly when reading RTL.
• Dynamic background works incorrectly in vertical pagination and scrolling readers.
• Pages miniatures sometimes fail to render, showing a black loading state forever.
• Opening a comic from the widget can cause the app to present two readers, one on top of the other.
Ratings and Reviews
A simple yet powerful app
Started reading a couple months ago and been using the app ever since, the app is just great with new features and updates coming regularly, this has one of the cleanest if not the cleanest interface out of every comic reader, most others that have clean interfaces are either paid apps(the app should be free, if they have subscription for comics, that should be a separate thing) or just bad.I’ve only faced a couple of problems with the app which were quickly fixed after informing the devs.
Just gonna say this to devs: you guys rock, keep up the good work
Great Reader, Awkward Library
While the reader aspect of this is wonderfully elegant and well designed and the design of the app is much more refined than any other comic reader on the app store, the overly simple library system holds it back.
While you can change the reading direction and read mode, there’s no simple way to just change it for collections in the hold-tap menu which feels like a missed opportunity, the lack of iCloud support for an iOS app feels really weird and the fact you can’t treat your external libraries as the structure of your collection and have to download things piecemeal works but is an isolating experience that makes the app more like an app that’s just good at opening CBZ files than one that holistically encapsulates my library and gives me joy in browsing and reading it in it’s entirety.
Been using this app for a few weeks now. I’ve loved everything about it, but really wanted to be able to manage my files locally. Was just coming to mention this in a review, when I noticed the update! Local file management is finally here and it’s perfect! Love to see the app being actively worked on.
I’ve tried a bunch of other reader apps for my manga collection and have stuck with this one. Really nice and clean interface. One small feature I would like is to be able to see my collection with simple straight covers instead of the stacks of covers. The stacks do look cool, but sometimes looks messy depending on the content you have.
Now, the main reason I have to deduct a star is the pricing. I’d buy this app in an instant, but there’s no way I’ll pay for a subscription service to unlock simple features. Would much rather a free and pro version with a one off payment.
Regardless, I love this app. It’s one of the main reasons I bought an iPad in the first place. Really looking forward to seeing what updates come in the future.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- 84.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Produkt Software Engineering S.L. 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Panels+ Monthly £1.29
- Panels+ Yearly £9.99
- Panels 2 £19.99
- Panels 3 £19.99
- Panels 3 Upgrade £9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.