Panels is the best reader for your digital comics. Enjoy reading your favorite titles in a clean and delightful interface, with plenty of customization and Premium features.
- Support for most common comic types: CBR, CBZ, and PDF.
- Support for multiple image formats, including WebP.
- Synchronize your reading progress across all your devices.
- Collections: organize your comic library by easily grouping your comics.
- Themes: support for Light and Dark modes, and many others.
- Choose between various readers, from horizontal and vertical to panel-by-panel guided view. Panels offers many reading modes to improve your reading experience.
- Right to Left reading (manga): read any comic with Panels.
- Stream comics from your OPDS compatible server.
- Lock content with a Password: Keep files secure using a password or Face ID for your collections and files.
- Access experimental features like screen reading or panel-by-panel navigation.
Native support for importing files from:
- iCloud Drive
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
- OPDS: Ubooquity, Komga, Kavita, and others
- Local network shared files and folders via SMB and Embedded web server
- External drives
- Drag&Drop from other apps
New in this build
• Reduces the sensibility of the drag-to-close gesture.
• Importing comics from a collection does not suggest that collection as the destination.
• Some folders wouldn't show any thumbnails.
• Blank screen at launch on iPad.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Reader, Awkward Library
While the reader aspect of this is wonderfully elegant and well designed and the design of the app is much more refined than any other comic reader on the app store, the overly simple library system holds it back.
While you can change the reading direction and read mode, there’s no simple way to just change it for collections in the hold-tap menu which feels like a missed opportunity, the lack of iCloud support for an iOS app feels really weird and the fact you can’t treat your external libraries as the structure of your collection and have to download things piecemeal works but is an isolating experience that makes the app more like an app that’s just good at opening CBZ files than one that holistically encapsulates my library and gives me joy in browsing and reading it in it’s entirety.
A simple yet powerful app
Started reading a couple months ago and been using the app ever since, the app is just great with new features and updates coming regularly, this has one of the cleanest if not the cleanest interface out of every comic reader, most others that have clean interfaces are either paid apps(the app should be free, if they have subscription for comics, that should be a separate thing) or just bad.I’ve only faced a couple of problems with the app which were quickly fixed after informing the devs.
Just gonna say this to devs: you guys rock, keep up the good work
Been using this app for a few weeks now. I’ve loved everything about it, but really wanted to be able to manage my files locally. Was just coming to mention this in a review, when I noticed the update! Local file management is finally here and it’s perfect! Love to see the app being actively worked on.
I’ve tried a bunch of other reader apps for my manga collection and have stuck with this one. Really nice and clean interface. One small feature I would like is to be able to see my collection with simple straight covers instead of the stacks of covers. The stacks do look cool, but sometimes looks messy depending on the content you have.
Now, the main reason I have to deduct a star is the pricing. I’d buy this app in an instant, but there’s no way I’ll pay for a subscription service to unlock simple features. Would much rather a free and pro version with a one off payment.
Regardless, I love this app. It’s one of the main reasons I bought an iPad in the first place. Really looking forward to seeing what updates come in the future.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Produkt Software Engineering S.L.
- 86.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Produkt Software Engineering S.L. 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription £1.29
- Yearly Subscription £9.99
- Small Tip £0.89
- Large Tip £2.49
- Medium Tip £1.79
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.