Our new PayPal app is a more simple and secure way to get paid back for last night’s takeaway, send money to almost anyone, check account activity, choose currencies to send around the world and more. Plus, we’ve added some new features we think you’ll love…
*NEW* A TOUCH-FREE WAY TO PAY OR BE PAID
• If you’re buying, simply scan the seller’s QR code to pay securely with your PayPal app.
• If you’re selling, now you can quickly set up a QR code and get paid in person, all with just your phone.
SEND AND REQUEST MONEY
• It is free to send and request money when you send GBP to friends in the UK from your bank, debit card, or PayPal balance.
• All you need is an email address, mobile number, bank account, cash pick up service point or mobile top up details.
• Request money quickly and securely from friends or family with just a few taps.
• NEW FEATURE: just type a name, email or phone number and PayPal will find the right person for you.
GET INSTANT SPENDING NOTIFICATIONS
• Never miss a thing – keep on top of payments and sending or receiving money, with instant push notifications.
• Check out all your latest PayPal activity, by just logging in.
TRUST PAYPAL SECURITY
• PayPal will help keep your information secure, with the highest level of commercially available encryption, and state-of-the-art fraud-prevention. All that plus expert staff to monitor transactions, 24/7.
• Account required to send and receive money. If the recipient doesn't have a PayPal account, they can easily sign up for an account for free.
• Free when sending money to a UK account from a UK account in £GBP. Fees apply when converting currency and when sending money to an account in another country.
• Not all features may be available in your market.
Sellers can now opt in to receive tips from buyers on QR code purchases. The seller has the option to configure predefined tip amount options, which the buyer can either select or enter a custom amount (GB only)
You can now access your rewards from the home screen.
We've added an extra layer of security, allowing you to confirm your identity without having to make a purchase.
Let's keep it simple. Link your favourite loyalty reward cards to PayPal for an even quicker checkout.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great safe way to pay or receive money!
I really recommend using this safe and efficient method of payment! Allowing yourself to be protected against any fraudulent people that might be able to steal your debit/credit card details puts your mind at ease. Although yes, granted there are some 'hiccups' with the app. For example it can take a while for PayPal to send the money from your 'account' across to someone else, OR for PayPal to take the money out of your bank account once payment has 'cleared'. I would rather be safer in the knowledge that I was protected if an issue arose.
I really don't understand the negative feedback this app has had. Most Ebayer's will want you to pay using PayPal as it protects yourself as well as them. But also companies offer for you to use it as well.
So surely the 'app/company' can't be doing that bad if so many people are using it?!
If you want you're money to be safe and secured protected then I would urge you to use PayPal.
Purchases & Settings
I use PayPal to purchase practically everything that I buy. If the seller doesn’t have the PayPal option “to pay” then 9 times out of 10 I will forgo the item. PayPal allows me to feel safe and protected when buying, if ever there is a dispute I am able to query it and have to date always been refunded. Overall this makes my shopping experience a good one.
However, sadly there are some technical issues that bring my rating way lower than I would like, for example, the settings icon does not allow me to access to change my name and to this day it still holds my nickname and therefore I am unable to apply for PayPal credit, neither am I able to cancel subscriptions, finding my payment history is also incredibly difficult! It seems that overnight PayPal changed the way it operates completely, I opened the app and the front page had changed too showing the options available like applying for credit, the money pool and projects or charities to fund!? I have not been able to change this since no matter what I do?
Most frustrating however is not being able to access the main settings page and this is proving to be incredibly frustrating and annoying.
For an app that has great potential it is a shame that these minor issues are contributing towards a much lower rating than deserved.
Avoid if possible
The app doesn’t allow access to needed features and you find yourself when in need having to navigate a web page you rarely if ever use and and up lost and in a state of anxiety chasing whatever the current payment issue is, which come thick and fast. I’m still awaiting a call back from a manager that has never came, chased it up twice still no call back. PayPal in general is an absolute joke, they have changed there fees so anything less than £3-4 is pointless selling, but they don’t make this obvious to you so you find out the hard way, I lost so much money due to them and now there new ruling is to hold 90% of my money for 21 days in case there are payment issues, the only issues I now have are due to PayPal holding my money and I can now not pay for the postage to send the items, once again out of pocket and currently out of food for the household, thanks PayPal for all the support in processing MY money!!!!!!!!! Your job is to process not make judgments on seller performance. Poor company, even poorer app and good luck speaking to anyone, your specific problem won’t be an option and you’ll get the call ended on you with no resolution, the only option is to lie about your issue about something compel to rot different and eventually hopefully get through to a human.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PayPal, Inc.
- 280.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © PayPal, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.