Our new PayPal app is a more simple and secure way to get paid back for last night’s takeaway, send money to almost anyone, check account activity, choose currencies to send around the world and more. Plus, we’ve added some new features we think you’ll love…
*NEW* A TOUCH-FREE WAY TO PAY OR BE PAID
• If you’re buying, simply scan the seller’s QR code to pay securely with your PayPal app.
• If you’re selling, now you can quickly set up a QR code and get paid in person, all with just your phone.
SEND AND REQUEST MONEY
• It is free to send and request money when you send GBP to friends in the UK from your bank, debit card, or PayPal balance.
• All you need is an email address, mobile number, bank account, cash pick up service point or mobile top up details.
• Request money quickly and securely from friends or family with just a few taps.
• NEW FEATURE: just type a name, email or phone number and PayPal will find the right person for you.
GET INSTANT SPENDING NOTIFICATIONS
• Never miss a thing – keep on top of payments and sending or receiving money, with instant push notifications.
• Check out all your latest PayPal activity, by just logging in.
TRUST PAYPAL SECURITY
• PayPal will help keep your information secure, with the highest level of commercially available encryption, and state-of-the-art fraud-prevention. All that plus expert staff to monitor transactions, 24/7.
• Account required to send and receive money. If the recipient doesn't have a PayPal account, they can easily sign up for an account for free.
• Free when sending money to a UK account from a UK account in £GBP. Fees apply when converting currency and when sending money to an account in another country.
• Not all features may be available in your market.
Sellers can now opt in to receive tips from buyers on QR code purchases. The seller has the option to configure predefined tip amount options, which the buyer can either select or enter a custom amount (GB only)
You can now access your rewards from the home screen.
We've added an extra layer of security, allowing you to confirm your identity without having to make a purchase.
Let's keep it simple. Link your favourite loyalty reward cards to PayPal for an even quicker checkout.
Ratings and Reviews
PayPal focuses on unethically maximising commissions
I recently had a poor experience with PayPal. I paid for an item in USD and when they refunded the amount in GBP, the applied a very large spread over the market price. I ended up paying over 5% each way (total over 10%). Only 3% was due to market moves and the remainder was PayPal applied spread over spot. Worst part of this experience, is the fact that the seller made a genuine mistake in processing a refund to me (as I am actually purchasing the item and not returning this) and we have asked PayPal to kindly revert the payment. They stated that this is not possible. Instead, they clearly want me to make the payment again such that they can charge for a third time the punitive commission. I find this very poor on PayPal’s behalf and I hope that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) looks further into these unethical market practices that the company has been implementing on its customers in order to unfairly maximise revenues.
I am disappointed, however I am quite resigned to the fact that a fair outcome is highly unlikely to be provided by PayPal. The firm is clearly more interested in short term commission churning rather than customer retention.
Purchases & Settings
I use PayPal to purchase practically everything that I buy. If the seller doesn’t have the PayPal option “to pay” then 9 times out of 10 I will forgo the item. PayPal allows me to feel safe and protected when buying, if ever there is a dispute I am able to query it and have to date always been refunded. Overall this makes my shopping experience a good one.
However, sadly there are some technical issues that bring my rating way lower than I would like, for example, the settings icon does not allow me to access to change my name and to this day it still holds my nickname and therefore I am unable to apply for PayPal credit, neither am I able to cancel subscriptions, finding my payment history is also incredibly difficult! It seems that overnight PayPal changed the way it operates completely, I opened the app and the front page had changed too showing the options available like applying for credit, the money pool and projects or charities to fund!? I have not been able to change this since no matter what I do?
Most frustrating however is not being able to access the main settings page and this is proving to be incredibly frustrating and annoying.
For an app that has great potential it is a shame that these minor issues are contributing towards a much lower rating than deserved.
Avoid if possible
Sorry for what you will read below in my feedback, but this is my last bitter experience with PayPal. I am totally disappointed with PayPal's attitude towards me personally as a seller. After a bunch of lies from the buyer, I agreed to take the subject of the sale back and refund the amount paid by the buyer. Naturally, PayPal mediated all this time and made no effort to verify the facts of the case. He just blindly believed what was stated as information by the buyer. As a result, I was left without the 14 carat gold pendant and on top of that PayPal refunded the buyer with the money from my account. Now I have neither a pendant nor money. After two phone calls with the PayPal customer service, I was told that everything was fine and they could do nothing more. I gave them proof that I didn't get the pendant back, but obviously that doesn't matter to them. The important thing was that there was a tracking number and they were returned to the buyer. What a sense of justice. No protection for sellers rights unfortunate. Of course, the amount is not a million pounds, but the bitterness and insult are much more.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PayPal, Inc.
- 424.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © PayPal, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.