Our new PayPal app is a more simple and secure way to get paid back for last night’s takeaway, send money to almost anyone, check account activity, choose currencies to send around the world and more. Plus, we’ve added some new features we think you’ll love…
*NEW* A TOUCH-FREE WAY TO PAY OR BE PAID
• If you’re buying, simply scan the seller’s QR code to pay securely with your PayPal app.
• If you’re selling, now you can quickly set up a QR code and get paid in person, all with just your phone.
SEND AND REQUEST MONEY
• It is free to send and request money when you send GBP to friends in the UK from your bank, debit card, or PayPal balance.
• All you need is an email address, mobile number, bank account, cash pick up service point or mobile top up details.
• Request money quickly and securely from friends or family with just a few taps.
• NEW FEATURE: just type a name, email or phone number and PayPal will find the right person for you.
GET INSTANT SPENDING NOTIFICATIONS
• Never miss a thing – keep on top of payments and sending or receiving money, with instant push notifications.
• Check out all your latest PayPal activity, by just logging in.
TRUST PAYPAL SECURITY
• PayPal will help keep your information secure, with the highest level of commercially available encryption, and state-of-the-art fraud-prevention. All that plus expert staff to monitor transactions, 24/7.
• Account required to send and receive money. If the recipient doesn't have a PayPal account, they can easily sign up for an account for free.
• Free when sending money to a UK account from a UK account in £GBP. Fees apply when converting currency and when sending money to an account in another country.
• Not all features may be available in your market.
You can now access your rewards from the home screen.
Get it now. Pay later. PayPal now offers short-term monthly installment plans at checkout available to US customers.
We've added an extra layer of security, allowing you to confirm your identity without having to make a purchase.
Let's keep it simple. Link your favourite loyalty reward cards to PayPal for an even quicker checkout.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Pathfinding Banking System
I have used Pay Pal for years, both as an internet full e-commerce manufacturer, designer and retailer, and also as a private banking customer.
Being the World’s first digital banking system it certainly played a huge part in harmonising with the way we now take for granted as we grew into the Internet as a new way of serving all of our purchasing and selling needs. Certainly, there were plenty of teething problems and protection from fraud was at the forefront, sadly to say, for all of us. Yet, today, we are now able to use the Internet with a confidence that was unthinkable, even 10 years ago and like it or not, PayPal has spearheaded this brave new world.
There were times when I had to bite my lip and I even threw my toys out of the pram but I have to admit that when I look back there is not a single issue I have ever had that PayPal did not resolve for me, politely and efficiently.
I was never crazy about technology but the app was clearly designed to put technophobes like me at my ease. Admittedly, I did suffer a little learning curve here and there but in retrospect I could not remember banking ever being so user friendly.
My advice to those who, like I was, may feel uneasy with it at first, is to just, “stick with the program,” phone a friend if you need help from someone neutral or just call PayPal up and give them a chance. They’re wonderfully trained, incredibly patient and they never let you go until you are happy.
I understand that security is a serious issue, especially when carrying out money transactions however, it’s like hitting your head again a brick wall when an issue arises. For what ever reason my account was frozen and I was asked to provide numerous official documentation to confirm that I was the owner of the account.
This I did, and more, apart from a domestic bill from the address where my account had been registered from.
This I am unable to do, although it is still the family home (parents) I have left home and now have my own home half way around the world, again proof was given in the form of a present and active bank account , DOMESTIC bill registered in my name and residency identification. To cut a long story short and after numerous different people responding after every text sent. I was refused again and my account remains frozen with a four figure among to this day with yesterday being the last.
This is blowing my mind and feel that I’m just fighting a loosing battle which has been going on for over 10 years, in fact it’s closer to 20yrs.
If I could give lower than 1 star I would.
Purchases & Settings
I use PayPal to purchase practically everything that I buy. If the seller doesn’t have the PayPal option “to pay” then 9 times out of 10 I will forgo the item. PayPal allows me to feel safe and protected when buying, if ever there is a dispute I am able to query it and have to date always been refunded. Overall this makes my shopping experience a good one.
However, sadly there are some technical issues that bring my rating way lower than I would like, for example, the settings icon does not allow me to access to change my name and to this day it still holds my nickname and therefore I am unable to apply for PayPal credit, neither am I able to cancel subscriptions, finding my payment history is also incredibly difficult! It seems that overnight PayPal changed the way it operates completely, I opened the app and the front page had changed too showing the options available like applying for credit, the money pool and projects or charities to fund!? I have not been able to change this since no matter what I do?
Most frustrating however is not being able to access the main settings page and this is proving to be incredibly frustrating and annoying.
For an app that has great potential it is a shame that these minor issues are contributing towards a much lower rating than deserved.
- PayPal, Inc.
- 239.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © PayPal, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.