Seize the throne in the age of King Arthur! Lead an army of Britons against the darkest of enemies in this epic interactive medieval fantasy novel.
"Pendragon Rising" is a thrilling 112,000-word interactive novel by Ian Thomas, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
As the bastard offspring of the aging ruler Pendragon, you’ll fight to save Britain from a demon-tainted enemy and claim the crown you deserve. Command an army as Arthur, brave son of Uther, or Arta, fearless daughter of Utta.
Charge heroically to the front of battle, or use tricks to defeat your foes. Dally with your childhood companion, or seek romance elsewhere. Hold the line with your closest friends against foreign invaders and their sinister magics. Find friendship, forge alliances, uncover plots, and triumph over creatures of nightmare to win a future for your people and your kingdom.
Will you be mercenary or merciful? Seductive or solitary? Most importantly, can you lead your allies to drive back the darkness, and seize your place as Pendragon of Britain?
• A 112,000-word fantasy set in medieval Britain.
• A Celtic take on the story of King Arthur against a dark background of war and strange magics.
• Play as male or female, gay or straight.
• Win over allies to swell the ranks of your army as you fight for the future of the kingdom.
• Earn the acclaim of your people by performing heroic deeds that will turn your name into legend.
• Claim your place as an unmatched warrior, a silver-tongued diplomat, or an inspirational leader.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Pendragon Rising," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
I really enjoyed Pendragon it was very fun and you really attach to the characters with many different outcomes for very situation you could become queen or king depending in your gender or find your head on a spike my first play through was very for-filling and defiantly deserves a sequel please don't let this great game not get the credit it deserves this is my second or possibly favourite choice of game don't let it go unnoticed please make a sequel. Thank you
My name isn’t ‘Art’. Try 3 more letters.
Ok so far, but I do wish people would stop calling me ‘Art’. It’s a name which never appears in the original stories for very good reasons.
In ancient Britain it’s a seperate name (celtic, meaning ‘bear’) from Arthur, and using it as a shortening of the name ‘Arthur’ is a modern American invention. No British person named Arthur has EVER been called ‘Art’.
It drags me out of the fantasy they’re trying to create to have people referring to Arthur in such a completely inappropriate way. It’s annoying me so much I’m finding it difficult to enjoy the story, which is pretty average fare so far anyway.
In the pipeline: this company makes a text adventure about the Second Coming of Jez.
See how irritating that is?
Absolutely incredible. What a journey. I was reading it until 5am, couldn’t stop.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Choice of Games LLC
- 45.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015 Ian Thomas
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.