Growing Reading and Spelling Superheroes with Phonics!
Recognised by the UK’s Department for Education for our "fun, educational and an engaging design", Phonics Hero gives your child the strongest reading and spelling phonics foundations.
*97.5% of parents saw an improvement in their child’s reading.
*88% saw an improvement in spelling.
"One of the best educational iPad apps for primary school kids" - Planning with Kids
"Truly Amazing Gold Medal...one of my very, very favourite apps for children aged 4-7" - Spelfabet
Perfect for the beginning reader, or as a catch up. We’ve taken our 25 years of classroom experience to take your child on a phonics superhero mission; as they play our lively and varied phonics games, they’ll be practising: the sounds, reading, spelling, tricky words and sentences.
We pride ourselves on being:
EVIDENCE BASED: Following UK, Australia and US government research findings, we use systematic phonics to teach reading and spelling.
EFFECTIVE: 97.5% of parents using Phonics Hero saw an improvement in their child’s reading skills.
DEVELOPED BY A WORLD-CLASS TEAM: with 25+ years of experience.
BURSTING WITH GAMES: and an exciting storyline to keep kids attentive and turn screen-time into learning-time.
TRANSPARENT: with access to in-depth reporting to track your child’s achievements (through website).
About the App:
* You will be redirected to our website, to create an account. Use these login details to access our app.
* Great things don’t always come in small packages! This app is very large so please be patient and download it on a stable internet connection.
*Your iPad will need to be connected to the internet for the app to work.
*Your iPad will need iOS8 or above.
*Teachers are able to access the students in their class from within the app.
Happy Reading and Spelling!
The Team @ Phonics Hero
Includes introductory video and minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Navigation and certain pronunciation issues
This is decent app but has certain drawbacks:
1. Pronunciation for letter "L" is incorrect!!!! Instead of it being pronounced as "L" in " Lion", it is pronounced as "oo" in "ooze"!!! This is a major issue for a phonics app
2. Navigation is an issue. You do not easily know where you are in the app. You are indeed unable to navigate back to 'letter grouping' sections completed
3. You should be able to pause to explain things to a child or let the child rest a bit. Pause functionality does not exist.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed review! We're sorry to hear that you fouhttps://www.phonicshero.com/contact-us/nd some aspects of our app didn't work for you. Regarding the pronunciation of 'L', you can read more about how our phonemes are pronounced here: https://www.phonicshero.com/pronouncing-the-sounds/.
If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch with us here: https://www.phonicshero.com/contact-us/.
The Phonics Hero Team
Unable to create an account as nothing happens when you press enter or click out of the box containing the answer to the sum to check I’m an adult!
Keeps jumping around. Exercises saying done, when they haven’t.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Phonics Hero Limited
- 338.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0 to 5
- © Phonics Hero 2014
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.