This app is designed to maximize your Edinburgh Fringe Experience in the time that you are in Edinburgh.
Simply enter the shows you would like to see, and give each one a rating for how much you would like to see it. This app will then schedule as many shows during your visit as it can, ensuring your highest-rated shows are included wherever possible!
Your budget, walking speed and other preferences are taken into account during this, and your schedule can be re-calculated at any time if you discover other shows you would also like to see.
You can Search for Shows, Browse for them or look for Nearby Shows without registering. But if you want to use the app to its fullest you can Register your basic details. This allows your choices to be remembered, and you can use the www.planmyfringe.co.uk website and this app interchangeably with the same Wishlist, Schedule and Preferences.
Also new for the Fringe 2021, you can filter shows by In-Person, Online-Scheduled and/or Online-On-Demand shows.
We have a Recommendations section which will suggest the best shows for you personally. AND a Fringe Trail which allows you to easily create a chain of shows you wish to see following on from one another, minimising walking and waiting time between shows!
You can also
- view your schedule for each day as an animated route schedule on Google Maps
- view nearby shows and make sure they don't interfere with your schedule
- add other shows you become aware of to your Wishlist and let these be slotted in
- select to ignore certain performances
- confirm shows you have booked tickets for, so that the app will not re-calculate these dates
- add non-show calendar items for anything else of interest.
This is an unofficial Edinburgh Fringe application, created by Henson IT Solutions. It uses data provided courtesy of the Edinburgh Festivals Listings API. Although we do our utmost to ensure everything is up-to-date and works smoothly, we cannot accept any liability for any problems caused by use of our services.
Have a Good Fringe!
Plan My Fringe Returns for 2021!
The Edinburgh Festival Fringe is back after its cancellation in 2020 due to Covid-19. The Fringe will in 2021 contain 3 types of shows, here is how they are handled by Plan My Fringe:
- In-Person shows will be treated the same way as before, and you can plan your fringe as normal with these.
- Online-Scheduled shows can also be added to your Wishlist, and Plan My Fringe will schedule them in as usual. It will schedule these outside your stay in Edinburgh if you choose this under "My Details" (this is the default), as these can be viewed from anywhere.
- Online-On-Demand shows can be added to your Wishlist as usual, but you will then have other options. You can choose just to keep these out of your schedule (the default) which allows you to view them when you want. Or you can allow Plan My Fringe to schedule them at any time (fitting them automatically around fixed shows), or choose the date and time you want to schedule it manually (within the times when it is available).
There have also been improvements to the scheduling algorithm necessary to cope with the different types of show.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used Plan My Fringe two years running now and it’s been invaluable. You can see at a glance how feasible it is to move between venues and eliminate overlapping shows. It’s five stars from me anyway but what would make it absolutely perfect would be if you could drop a map pin to locate where you’re staying too. As someone who started off with the colour coded spreadsheet method last year before discovering the app, I’m truly grateful to the developers. I hope there will be a 2020 version.
Really useful. Used it loads to help me plan what I’m going to do
Many features don’t work
The filter by distance and time buttons don’t work
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Henson IT Solutions Ltd
- 74.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Henson IT Solutions Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.