Pocket Organ C3B3 is a musical keyboard application for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch that simulates the Hammond Organ. The sound is generated with the synthesis of the waveforms from "Virtual Tonewheel System" controlled by 9 drawbars like the actual Hammond Organ. You will be surprised at the real sound generated from this App! Pocket Organ C3B3 is a Hammond Organ in your pocket or bag
Pocket Organ C3B3 has a rotary speaker effect like the Leslie speaker, which adds amazing realistic character and spatial depth on your organ playing. This effect can be changed to Fast (Tremolo), Slow (Chorale), or even Off (brakes). Visit our website to listen to the realistic and authentic sound!
- Authentic emulated sounds generated from "Virtual Tonewheel System" mixed by sliding 9 drawbars
- 61key + 61key, 5-octave Dual Keyboards with switchable key width
- Scrollable Keyboard that can be configured to your own octave key range on screen with 4 preset buttons
- Key transpose function (You can play a music of any key in the key of C)
- You can select the Keyboard scale of normal, minor Pentatonic, major Pentatonic, minor Blues, major Blues
- Rotary Speaker effect can be changed to Fast (Tremolo), Slow (Chorale), or even Off (brakes).
- Harmonic Percussion effect with adjustable decay, 2nd and 3rd harmonic
- Keyclick noise effect
- Built-in Reverb that simulates spring reverb
- Overdrive effects
- Scanner vibrato & chorus
- Shake your iPad/iPhone to play spring shock (reverb crash) effect like Jon Lord (keyboard player of Deep Purple) or Keith Emerson (a member of the Emerson, Lake & Palmer, ELP).
- iPhone's built-in accelerometer gives you amazing glissando effect control.
- 20 Factory Presets containing typical settings used by Rock, Jazz or Gospel Sounds
- You can add the User Memory Bank that allows you to store your own 20 patches (drawbars & effects settings) & Preset Packages with In App Purchase.
- Pocket Organ C3B3 is programmed by Shinya Kasatani, the creator of best selling iPhone App "PocketGuitar" and is designed by Junichiro Yamasaki of "Super Manetron".
Add MIDI Channel Select Function
How to set channel.
(1) Click "Setting" App
(2) Click "Pocket Organ C3B3"
(3) Set Channel Swell (Upper Keys) or/and Great (Lower Keys) or/and Pedal (Pedal Keys)
Ratings and Reviews
After being bowled over by the quality of some instrument apps for iOS, I'd expected a lot more from this one! Sadly no. The organ simulation is no match for that in Garage Band. The sound is thin and plastic. The real let down is the Leslie simulation. It's rubbish.. Like most pale imitations, it's scrapes by on the slow setting but sounds like an over excited 5 year old on the fast setting. Similarly the scanner vibrato simulation is weak.. Finally the note repeat facility is too slow to do a Jimmy Smith impersonation. This app just doesn't cut. Like I say, compared to the Garage band Hammond simulation it's nowhere. Ok I would like to use it in the background.. So I won't be trading in my Nord Electro 3 any time soon.
An excellent B3 sound with good vibrato and Leslie simulation, though I think the Leslie effect sometimes lacks realism. One thing that stands out by its absence is some form of control over tonewheel leakage for more authentic 60s sounds - a future addition, I hope!
The MIDI implementation is comprehensive and there is almost zero latency when played through a keyboard. However, an issue for those wanting to use the C3B3 with another MIDI instrument is that ALL MIDI channels are recognized, so it will sound with EVERY channel from 1 to 16!!! Annoying! Perhaps a configuration option that allows the channel of each manual and the pedalboard to be set by the user would be nice. It would also be a good idea (possibly another configuration option) for the various controls (drawbars, Leslie etc.) to transmit as well as receive MIDI data so that complete performances (drawbar changes, overdrive etc.) can be recorded by a sequencer.
Summing up: it's a great instrument for a minute fraction of the price of a real B3, new or used! Because of my grumbles above, I nearly gave it three stars, but I thought that would be mean. If a future version addresses all these issues, I'll give it six!
Excellent for the price, hoping so much to see updates
As far as I know this is the only proper drawbar organ virtual instrument for ipad/iphone. The presentation is really nice, good use of the ipad screen and controls seem responsive enough. The sound is really good, though if you put it through some monitor speakers you may notice there is a slight lack of top end and sparkle when compared to say logic studio's organ module. Pretty amazing though for less than 2 quid! Key attack and click works nicely, although again I couldnt help but feel the sounds lacked bite and felt a bit soft. I would LOVE to see the Line 6 midi mobilizer implemented, along with the ability to change the key width. Fantastic start though and eagerly awaiting any further development, maybe some sort of recorder or midi implementation. Definitely worth downloading if you are in to music apps though.
- insideout ltd.
- 32.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2016 Bonnet Inc. & insideout ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Progressive Rock Pack £0.99
- Jazz & Gospel Pack £0.99
- User Memory Bank £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.