"Alina String Ensemble is, of course, something of a niche app. " from MUSIC APP BLOG
“I cant tell you how pleased and excited I am that this simulation of the absolute classic Solina String Ensemble is coming to iOS” from thesoundtestroom
Alina String Ensemble is a musical keyboard application for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch that simulates the Solina String Ensemble. The sound is in reference to Solina String Ensemble (Serial number "SERIES 22, No.0093158”) manufactured by N.V. EMINENT BODEGRAVEN HOLLAND in the 70’s. You are sure to be surprised at the real sound generated from this App.
- Pre-loaded with 6 instruments including Viola, Violin, Brass, Horn, Cello, Contra Bass
- 49key, 4-octave Keyboards with scrollable
- iOS 11 compatible
- Optimized appearance on iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X
- Core MIDI and MIDI over Bluetooth LE compatible
- Supports Audiobus 3 and Inter-App Audio
- Scrollable Keyboard & dual Keyboards(Only iPad)
- BASS tone(Cello, Contra Bass) is assigned on lowest 20 keys
- Built-in Reverb that simulates a spring reverb
- Modulation that can adjust the rate and depth
Special thanks: Jun Kawabata courtesy of AIRPLANE LABEL & Studio Peach Blue Peach
Compatible with Audiobus 3 & Audio Unit
Ratings and Reviews
Great Arp Solina
Sounds amazing! I was a little confused at first with the button state. When they are bright red, the state is 'off'. When they are dark red the state is 'on'. I would imagine it to be the other way. Just a small niggle, great. It even support IAA.
I think it's fab. For those of us who remember how haunting a Joy Division string section can be
Good start but not quite there yet
It is great to have a string machine recreation for the iPad. The samples on this instrument are good and the switches for selection of sounds are accurate but:
Notes played appear to cut out the decay of previous notes, which spoils the realism and musical effect.
Annoyingly the buttons for selected tones dim rather than light up which I find confusing.
With regard to the samples, there are none with the ensemble effect on the original instrument turned off, which is a shame.
The artwork for the keyboard black keys is somehow not pleasing.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.