The Rail Planner App makes your Eurail or Interrail journey smooth and stress-free, whether you’re planning your next trip from your sofa or searching for your next train at the station.
It even works offline, so you don’t have to turn on your data or go hunting for wifi to get to your next destination.
Here’s what you can do:
• Find train times offline with our new-look journey planner – Search all of Europe, or only show trains included in your Global Pass so you know you’re covered.
• Plan your route and track it on the map in My Trip – View a day-by-day itinerary for easy trip planning or switch to map view to see all your journeys and connections.
• Book seat reservations straight from the app – Go online to buy reservations for popular trains in Italy and France, as well as selected international trains, and receive them by email.
• Save money with extra benefits and discounts – Search by country and get extra discounts on ferries, buses, accommodation and more across Europe with your Pass.
• Find answers to all your questions – Read FAQs for the app, your Eurail or Interrail Pass, and train services in every country for a smooth trip, wherever you’re heading.
We've updated the app with the newest European timetables
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful - but minor issues
This app has been super helpful so far!! Helping us on our interrail trip thats for sure!! Really like how you can map where you’ve been too! However, few issues - if you’re in italy(theres a few other places but i’m focused in Italy atm) make sure you go on the seat reservations part - there are free, non reservation trains with regional.. this would probably help more if this was included on the actual planner. Also through this, not sure if its a fault or it doesn’t work but when you’re trying to see the trains in Italy you can only see trains for 2 hours ahead... not ideal if you’ve forgotten the time or missed a train! (Not sure if this is a rail planner issue or what)
All in all. I would recommend this app to anyone! :)
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your nice review and tip on Italy reservations for your fellow travellers. In the future we would like to link from the Travelplanner to the Interrail reservation platform directly, as you propose. So you wouldn't need to give all details in again.
The new features are pretty good but the one thing you’ve removed which I’m pretty upset about & that’s the Timetable (ok I can use the DB App but that uses data abroad) because it was useful to me for day trips when using the continuous pass on where I could go at the last minute.... Fingers crossed it returns in future updates
Developer Response ,
Hi redthunder, thank you for your positive review. Could you tell me why you would prefer to look up all departing trains from the app instead of the signing at the station to decide on your last minute destination at email@example.com? We are proud of the flexibility of our Passes and like to help you with the app to enjoy it to the fullest.
An app that has gone from V. Good to V. Bad
I’n a regular purchaser of Interrail tickets and use the app when I’m travelling. Recently took a trip and used the new app. Found that the changes has removed all of the most useful features for me. On the old version, it was possible to search departures by station. This feature has been removed. Another feature it previously had was the ability to click on a train to pull up the full schedule from origin to destination. Now, this is no longer possible and you can only search for trains between two points, it isn’t possible to see where a particular train has started from. Please, please, bring the old version back!
Developer Response ,
Dear Rich, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We will take your wishes into account and hope to bring these functionalities back later. If you find out more during travelling please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.