Rhythm Lab is a comprehensive rhythm trainer and worksheet creator. Rhythm Lab allows you to create a virtually unlimited number of custom rhythm patterns for one or two separate rhythm lines, right-left handed drum patterns, and basic drum kit patterns (hi-hat, snare, and kick drum).
Rhythm Lab is compatible with Audiobus 3 (MIDI and Audio) and Core MIDI, allowing for many sound and input options. Custom rhythm patterns can be saved and imported into different instances of Rhythm Lab running on different iPads. An unlimited number of users can be added, saved, and imported to give teachers the ability to track students' progress. User group data can be saved and imported into different instances of Rhythm Lab running on different iPads. Settings menus allow you to control tempo settings, color themes, tapping options, sound options, and MIDI options.
● Provides color theme options - eight different color themes to choose from!
● Bug fixes - user files that have been saved to an external location now can be loaded without causing the app to crash.
● Tap Screen controls have been streamlined to give a cleaner look.
Rhythm Lab features:
● Preset rhythm patterns covering a wide variety of levels and types.
● Custom pattern creation: create new patterns from scratch, copy and edit existing patterns, and generate new patterns randomly.
● Share custom pattern sets - export pattern sets and email them or share via storage apps such as Dropbox.
● Create worksheets using preset or custom rhythm patterns.
● Create individual users and track high scores.
● Audiobus 3 compatibility - Rhythm Lab works as a MIDI sender and Audio Input in Audiobus 3, allowing you to record patterns or add special effects to the sounds with compatible Audiobus apps.
Rhythm Lab is designed for students, teachers, and any musician who would like to improve rhythmic performance and accuracy. There is a large number of patterns of all types, including:
● Multiple levels of single- and two-handed rhythm patterns similar to rhythms found in standardized music exams
● Special patterns that emphasize certain types of rhythm notation, like rests, ties, triplets, quintuplets, cross-rhythms (2 against 3, 3 against 4), unusual meters.
● Custom patterns that users can create and share, using a wide range of rhythm values, rests, ties, dots, time signatures, and tuplet values.
● Composer patterns: rhythm patterns from works by classical composers such as Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy, Gottschalk, Haydn, Joplin, and Mozart.
● Single-line (snare style) for Right and Left hand (color coded and marked R or L).
● Drum kit: three pads - hi hat, snare, and kick drum. Drum pad positions are easily interchangeable by simply dragging pads to swap positions.
● Rhythm Lab uses a General MIDI sound set.
● Users can select from a large number of sounds, drum kit types, and change the pitch of the tap pads.
● Rhythm Lab's MIDI capabilities allow Rhythm Lab to use sounds from any MIDI-capable sound app running in the background or connected to Audiobus 3.0.
● Tap using the built-in tap pads, or use an external MIDI device connected to the iPad.
● Test tapping accuracy, or listen to a rhythm pattern played back automatically.
● Now compatible with AudioBus 3
● Bug fixes
● Improved MIDI implementation
● Improved user options
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Professional grade rhythm training
Very impressive. Lots of patterns and styles. The multi-input is well done. So many great ideas and brilliantly executed. One can feel oneself working hard and improving quickly.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.