SuperScore is the premiere app for viewing, managing, and interacting with your library of musical scores. SuperScore provides virtually unlimited notation sizes with Liquid Music Display™ technology. Simply use the standard pinch and spread gestures to find the size and layout that is right for you.
SuperScore provides a unique bundle of features including:
• Liquid Music Display™ technology that reformats the music notation to accommodate your chosen viewing size
• Option to show/hide musical parts
• Playback of scores that contain embedded MIDI performances with the option to mute selected parts
• Additional playback features including looping, tempo control, and metronome
• Full/partial page-turns by swipe, wireless Bluetooth pedal, MIDI signal, or intelligent score-following
• Intelligent and interactive play-along features when you play a MIDI instrument connected to your iPad
• Support for wireless Bluetooth LE MIDI devices
• Markup mode for adding musical symbols or your own free-hand drawings to the score
• Option to create Collections (e.g. “playlists” or “set lists”) that enable you to switch quickly from score to score during a lesson or gig.
• PDF Import (optional, in-app purchase feature)
SuperScore works with specially-formatted SuperScore files provided by publishers, composers, and arrangers and which are uniquely available from TimeWarp Technologies. SuperScore comes with sample files, and you may acquire additional scores as in-app purchases.
You can also import and use PDF scores (if you add this optional feature). Although Liquid Music Display technology and MIDI playback do not extend to PDF files, you can enjoy other SuperScore features when using PDFs, such as the various methods of page-turning, markups, and Collections. Import PDFs using the “Share/Open In…” feature of Dropbox, Mail, and similar apps.
SuperScore’s unique features start with a completely flexible Liquid Music Display, available instantly in virtually any size or layout. In both landscape and portrait orientations, SuperScore reformats the music instantly, maintaining the integrity of the score regardless of the size you choose. And if your score has multiple parts, you can show and hide parts at will.
An extensive set of annotation tools enables you to mark up your scores for practice or performance. You can even show or hide your markups with a simple tap on the screen.
Page-turning, the bane of many-a-musician, couldn’t be easier. SuperScore offers multiple page-turn options, including full and partial page-turns. You can set a playback tempo and follow a moving cursor while enjoying automatic page-turning or use any Bluetooth pedal accessory for hands-free page turns. You can even use a MIDI foot switch pedal to turn pages.
SuperScore files are often available with backing tracks that provide an immersive, real-world performance experience for students and professionals alike! These performance-type files can be played at ANY tempo, with the flexibility to mute any backing track.
MIDI connectivity adds a whole other dimension to SuperScore. With any MIDI-enabled digital, hybrid, or even acoustic instrument, SuperScore can actually follow your playing. SuperScore responds to your tempo and dynamics, adjusting the speed and expression of the accompaniment parts, and turns your pages automatically. There is even a learning mode in which the program will wait for you to play each note.
Once you have purchased add-on support for PDF files, all of your scores can be stored, viewed, and annotated in SuperScore. You can even create set lists (called Collections) to keep yourself organized during lessons or at your next gig!
Version 1.3.2 (8)
This version provides many changes "under the hood" that improve the current user experience and provide the opportunity for future enhancements.
In particular, the playback issue involving sound on the iPad 2 has been addressed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent app but I have been unable to access PDF file importing
- TIMEWARP TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- 250.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 1995-2019 TimeWarp Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prelude in C Major, BWV 924 - J. S. Bach
- Import PDF Scores £4.99
- Sight Reading & Rhythm Cards 1 £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.