RowingCoach, available also for the Apple Watch, allows you to track your rowing sessions, compare your workouts and see your overall progress – whether you train on land or on water.
== RowingCoach displays the following metrics:
• Your current and overall stroke rate (SPM)
• The distance covered
• Your current and overall pace
• Your pulse
• Your calories burned
== Use the app as suits you best:
• Track your session on the iPhone
• Only use your Apple Watch to record the training (and leave your iPhone onshore!)
• Use the iPhone as display for your Apple Watch recording. Very useful for indoor rowing.
== RowingCoach also offers these features:
• Use Siri to start and stop your workout
• Automatic Stroke detection
• Get notified after a certain distance covered, strokes reached or time passed
• Display your workout on a map
• Speed/pulse shown in color-coding
• Share your rowing track with iMessage
• Weather conditions are recorded for outdoor workouts
• iCloud synchronisation: Have your workouts on all your devices.
• Apple Health App integration
• Watch Complication: See your weekly progress at a glance
• Use Force Touch in the Watch app to quickly start and stop a workout
• Today Widget: See your weekly and monthly progress from the Today screen
• Add notes (to remember who was cox for example)
== Export and upload your workouts to other platforms:
• Upload to Strava
• Export to RowsAndAll
• Upload to MapMyFitness
• Upload to TrainingPeaks
• Upload to Concept2 Logbook
External bluetooth heart rate monitors are supported.
If you want to export your workouts via e-mail or want to record more than 3 workouts - you can get to a subscription right in the app.
• Refreshed GUI
• Dark mode: Switch between two themes
• Alerts and sounds don't stop your music anymore
• Fixed bug in Today widget
• Bug fixes and general improvements
Thank you for your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
App doesn’t appear on Apple Watch 4
After installing the app on my iPhone XS Max and connecting to my Concept2 I couldn’t find the app on my Apple Watch. A reinstall didn’t fix the issue. Shame as I really wanted to use a single app rather than relying on two.
Update: after a row today the app appeared on my watch.
The only app that ticks the boxes
I wanted an app that used my Apple Watch but also allowed me to monitor my heart rate on my iPhone. Sounds straight forward enough but it’s the only app I’ve found that does that and I have looked far and wide. I don’t have a Concept rower so I was limited what accessories or connectivity I could use. I used to row with a heart chest strap but felt what’s the point of having an Apple Watch and not using the full functionality of it? So that about covers it. My watch is a 1st gen Apple Watch and it’s still supported.
Useful tool to have on Apple Watch
I use this to log my training outings using my Apple Watch, leaving my phone on dry land. Used to use another app on phone which drained the battery rapidly. This is better. Workout records can be accessed on phone back on land.
Plenty of info to keep track of training performance; time, stroke count, stroke rate, heart rate (max, min etc), distance, calories used, weather conditions. Nice little route map as well.
A useful addition could be a ‘distance per stroke’ metric to gauge sculling efficiency.
- Gunther Cronenberg
- 44.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Cronenberg Technology e.U.
- In-App Purchases
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Year) £4.99
- Unltd. recs & export (3 Months) £1.99
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Month) £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.