Playnote SCALEBOOK for ABRSM lets you practise Scales and Arpeggios with an AI teacher and examiner after music lessons. You don't need to practise alone any more! SCALEBOOK also lets you prepare the scales part of the ABRSM examination in a more pleasant and entertaining way!
*** Grand and Gold Award Winner - Asia Smart App Award ***
*** Grand and Gold Award Winner - Hong Kong ICT Award ***
*** Merit Award (E-Learning) Winner - Asia Pacific ICT Award ***
*** Innovation and Creativity Award Winner - Hong Kong Awards for Industries ***
“I can be aware of the progress and practice of every student after lessons through Scalebook. This helps me have a better preparation of the next lessons for students. Thanks technology for bringing music education to another level!” – Diana Burdis: A violin teacher (London)
“It is awesome to practise together with Scalebook between the weekly music lessons. I can also use the mock exam function to check my capability. Strongly recommended!” – Angel Chan: A flute music student (Hong Kong)
1. Practice companion at any time
- Full syllabus and contents of the ABRSM exam
- Demonstration recordings which can be listened to before practice
- Patented interactive music score with fingering. Fingering will be displayed once the music note is touched.
- Metronome which can set the speed according to your preference
- Real time analysis of performance with a comparison to exam requirements
- Issues in intonation, rhythm, speed, tone, etc. automatically pointed out
- Auto recording during practice for replay, which can improve memory
2. Mock exam
- Unlimited time to take mock exams
- Official exam requirements strictly followed
- Details, comments and scores for each question provided by the AI examiner
- Creation of real exam atmosphere and pressure, in order to let you have a better preparation
3. Records and sharing
- Date, time and performance of every practice and mock exam stored in your cloud account
- Review in Scalebook or Playnote Organizer (www.playnote.com) at any time
- Share practice progress with your music teacher through Playnote Organizer after inserting your teacher’s email information into your account settings
4. Detailed analysis
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses by the AI teacher in every practice and mock exam you take by big data analysis
- Display of your performance including accuracy, intonation, or confidence, in a simple diagram
- Provide a weekly breakdown of your performance based on data collected in order for you to better understand your progress
The current version supports violin, flute, trumpet, clarinet, alto-saxophone, oboe, descant recorder and treble recorder. The future version will support other music instruments.
* The syllabus on which SCALEBOOK for ABRSM is based is © by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and is reproduced by permission of the copyright owner.
Free for trial version and subscription fees for each music instrument are:
All grades 1-5: USD$6.99 monthly
Addition payments options is available: 6 months pre paid (USD$24.99) and Unlimited time (USD$71.99)
Currency and price may vary by location. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if any, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to the service.
- Support new 2018 ABRSM syllabus for flute, clarinet, alto-saxophone, oboe, descant recorder and treble recorder
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Brilliant idea, could do with a how to use guide for less confident maybe. Also, where are the piano and keyboard scales?! I need those too!!!
Better Than I Expected
I was skeptical about using an app to practice music, but it turns out to be a good experience. It gives feedback immediately, and keep records on my performance, so that i know which scales i need to focus on more
I got this so that I could practise my piano scales and do a mock exam. However, there is not a piano option which will disappoint many people. Also it is rather expensive at £6 a month just to get feedback. If there was a piano option then perhaps I'd give this 4 or 5 stars depending on how the month went and whether it was worth the money.
- Playnote Limited
- 274.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2018 Playnote Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Grades 1-5 (Violin) £5.49
- Grade 2 (Violin) £1.49
- Grades 1-5 (Trumpet) £5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.