Join the millions of readers who turn to Scribd’s digital library to access an unlimited* number of audiobooks, ebooks, magazine articles, sheet music selections, and research documents.
“Put an entire library in your pocket with a subscription to Scribd.” - Entrepreneur
“Scribd is a massive library that's home to millions of books, audiobooks, magazines … and even sheet music. (Sheet music!)” - Mashable
“The fact that I could have access to all the greatest minds, mysteries, and stories for $8.99 a month was (and still is) crazy to me.” - Business Insider
Scribd’s digital library includes bestselling and trending audiobooks and ebooks in every genre, including:
• True Crime
• Personal Growth
• Science Fiction
• Health and Wellness
• Personal Growth
• Celebrity Narrated Memoirs
• Religion and Spirituality
• Current Events
A Scribd membership also includes unlimited access to:
• Sheet music selections that cover every musical genre, instrument, and difficulty level. Play the classics or explore current hits from popular artists.
• Articles from hundreds of magazines including People, New York Magazine, Time, The Atlantic, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg Businessweek, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes more than 60 million documents including official government reports, case studies, study guides, academic dissertations, medical reports, and more.
All content read or listen to on Scribd can be synced across multiple devices, and there are special features that are included in your membership at no additional cost, including:
FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
• Customize your narration speed
• Set a sleep timer
• Download audiobooks to listen offline
FEATURES FOR THE EBOOK READER
• Download ebooks to read offline
• Make notes and annotations, and add bookmarks
• Customize your font size, type, and background color
• Choose horizontal or vertical page scrolling
FEATURES FOR THE DOCUMENT / EPUB READER
• Download documents to read offline
• Save or print your documents
Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 and automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Download the free Scribd app and start listening and reading today!
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
In this version highlights are now available on documents and PDFs!
Ratings and Reviews
This app literally saves my life every day...
I work alone, 18 hours a day every day. The fact that I can continuously get through audiobooks each day was financially killing me when I was buying them on Apple Books sometimes for £15 per book! I googled different audiobook apps and downloaded each one and not one comes close to this app. I love it 🥰 there is a limit it cuts off towards the end of a month but I do get a lot of books out of it so I can’t complain.
It sometimes freezes and I have to restart but that again isn’t too much of an issue. One thing I would say is it would be nice to be able to tap a section up that gives you a list of the chapters so you can jump to and from any you want to skip or hear again rather that having to manually skip the chapters. The genre searches I found a bit lacking.. type in romance and you get a couple of audiobooks come up under each category which put me off at first but then as I’ve got into it after I finish a book it shows me other similar ones I can download; these very rarely are in the genre lists which could put new customers off. Other than that.. I LOVE IT any newbies keep searching and listening you’ll be shocked with what pops up eventually
I subscribed because I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and wanted a borrowing service rather than an offering like audible. However this isn’t truly unlimited, in this case unlimited just means that there is always something you can listen to not that you can always listen to anything in the library whenever you want to, and there is no indication of what your monthly limit is or when you are going to hit it, so having listened to the first few books in a series I suddenly couldn’t listen to any more until the next billing period started, so clearly some audiobooks are limited. This alone might not have been an issue if it was clear what the monthly limit was and which audiobooks counted towards this limit, but there is no indication until you try to listen to something to be faced with “available soon” banners on most books
The search function is dismal, I often have to try 2 or 3 different search terms to find what I want, and have often resorted to finding something else written by the same author to click through to their author page to then find what I want. Series aren’t linked in any way either so if you have finished one book you have to go through the dismal search function again to find the next book in the series.
It’s also disappointing that it is not compatible with CarPlay as I listen to books when driving, there is an option to link to waze, but again this functionality didn’t work on the CarPlay version of the waze app either.
Developer Response ,
Hi Esmerelda - Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear Scribd was not the best fit for you! We're constantly growing and improving, and hope you'll check us out again in the future! If you'd like to email us at **email@example.com**, our team is happy to assist you with anything else. Thanks!
Love this app! Much better value than Audible. Im disabled and listen to two or three books a week, which would cost a small fortune on Audible. Good range of books and customer service has been exceptional. A couple of issues though, the main one being the suggested books... read book which I hated and gave it a one star review, but recommended books is almost exclusively books by the same author and I can’t remove them! The other thing is that books I’ve saved offline are no longer available and I can’t remove them from my offline list so get an annoying pop up every time I log in. Small gripes as on the whole I think it’s a great app and much better than competitors.
- 273.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership £6.99
- Scribd Membership £7.99
- Scribd Membership £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.