Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
With Siri Shortcuts you can present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
There's a growing gallery of scripts to get you started with Scriptable.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you can create:
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Create a widget that shows data from your weather station.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Check what is currently on TV.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Receive a notification with the weather report every morning.
- Create todos with prefilled data in your favorite todo app using URL schemes.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Create your own widgets. Your scripts run on the Home Screen without needing to open the app.
- Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Support for input and output parameters in Siri Shortcuts.
- Easily schedule rich notifications to run your scripts periodically.
- Work with files and directories from third party apps using File Bookmarks.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run scripts directly on your Home screen using widgets.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- View the documentation in a separate window on iPad.
- Support for dark mode.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
This update fixes an issue where scripts would sometimes not run when launched from the Home screen. If you're still seeing issues with this, please remove the script from your Home screen and add it again.
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of my most heavily used apps. It makes the iPad and iPhone far more useful - enabling their use for tasks that would previously have required a separate computer.
There are only two slightly annoying limitations.
The first is that there are relatively few library modules provided as standard, and it is tricky to add others (it is not possible to just “npm install” additional modules).
The second is that the built-in editor is extremely limited, e.g. without even basic find-and-replace capability. so for any non-trivial editing it is necessary to use another app. The developer is working on a new editor, so hopefully this latter complaint will be addressed soon.
There is also great support, both from the developer and the community.
A real godsend to the unorganised
Due to dyspraxia, I am normally terrible with self organisation and also have can have problems with a lot of the "helpful" apps out there that let you create deal with data in a graphical way or let you make shortcuts by moving actions around.
This is why this app is a godsend to me. With integrations with both the calendar and contacts, I can write scripts with a Bluetooth keyboard that allow me to automate key parts of my life (you can then automatically run them with another app), and alert me with notifications about things that I need to take action on that I might otherwise miss or forget.
This is seriously the most valuable piece of software now on my phone.
This is amazing
So easy to use, and enables me to do things I could not do in Siri shortcuts. There's a reason this tool is so high on developer tools. 10/10 must have.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Stovring
- 20.6 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip £0.89
- Large Tip £4.49
- Medium Tip £2.49