Full iOS 14/iPadOS support! Dark Mode, Multi-window, Side by side document edition! Scrivo Pro is featured by Apple on the "Best apps for writers" collection!
“Now You Can Write the Great American Novel on the Subway... Scrivo Pro is capable and powerful” ***** New York Times
"Even if you don't use Scrivener, Scrivo Pro is a useful and powerful writing and editing tool. But, if you do use Scrivener, you'll appreciate the user interface and design" ***** iMore.com
“The other great advantage is that I can work in Scrivo Pro without an internet connection...” ***** Writeorconsequences.com
You have a story to tell, article to publish, class notes to take, whether it’s today’s journal entry, tomorrow’s thesis or a future bestseller novella. Scrivo Pro can help you organize your writing, research, generate ideas, and remove distractions so you can focus on the most important thing: writing.
Scrivo Pro is more than an innovative, fast and reliable writing app designed for anyone who writes. This is a writing workspace for your iOS devices and a great Scrivener and Ulysses companion on your Mac or Windows computer.
If you are a Scrivener 2 or Scrivener 3 user on your computer, Scrivo Pro will open your projects (binder and cork-board with index cards) and seamlessly sync them via iCloud or Dropbox.
+ WRITE. FORMAT
· Write Everywhere: Use Scrivo Pro as an stand-alone writing app even if you don’t have a computer or you are offline in the wilds
· Typewriter: Distraction-Free mode that keeps only the paragraph you’re typing at the center of the screen, letting you focus on what you’re writing
· Night mode to help you writing at night
· Create rich text format (RTF) and advanced Markdown (MD) documents
· Our Markdown engine supports the standard syntax but it has been extended to include very useful extra markups: tables, footnotes, lists, images, links, highlight, strikethrough, superscript and MathML
· Advanced RTF formatting: Highlight, strikethrough, subscript/superscript, alignment, line spacing, first-line indent, page breaks, footnotes, comments, text & paper color
· Find and replace
· Pinch to zoom text
· Insert special symbols arrows, parentheses, maths, bullets/stars, GPS location, etc.
· Over 30 languages typing support including Japanese, Chinese, Arabic & Hebrew
· Extra keys: tab, forward delete, cursor up/down/left/right, etc.
· Set your own custom keyboard buttons to your commonly-used keys, text snippets or hard to reach characters
· Define margins, headers/footers, paper sizes, MLA and APA style format
· Live counters: characters, words, sentences, words per sentence & reading time
· Text to Speech for proofreading
· Dictation lets you speak text instead of typing
+ ORGANIZE. STRUCTURE. FIND
· Organize your work in unlimited notebooks, folders and subfolders
· Sync projects between Scrivo and Scrivener via Dropbox or iCloud
· Design the cover of your notebooks
· Create projects in a tree-like structure: Sections, Drafts, Folders, Chapters, Research, etc.
· Full-text search your library of documents and projects
+ RESEARCH. SCAN. PDF LIBRARY
· Full PDF reader and manager included for reference files, ebooks, articles, resources, papers, etc.
· Use the camera of your iPad/iPhone to scan documents, notes, recipes, tickets, etc. as PDF
· Use split-screen and multitasking side by side with other apps while writing
+ SHARE. EXPORT
· Import/Export from iCloud, Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Google Drive support
· Export, share and print your documents to multiple formats like RTF, Markdown, PDF, ePub, HTML, RTFD, TXT etc.
· Zip folders/notebooks and email them as an attachment
+ USEFUL MINI-APPS FOR WRITERS
· Font Book: Preview all the fonts and install new ones (TrueType). Over 120 high quality fonts included!
· Character Name Generator to create male/female names in more than 7 languages
+ BE SAFE. PROTECT YOUR WORK
· Protect your work with an app security passcode
· Protect any folder or project with a passcode
· Automatic Backups
-- Thanks for all the helpful feedback! Let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you run into any problems or have feature suggestions --- If you like Scrivo Pro, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps. If you have any comments or issues, please contact us directly via email email@example.com
Scrivo Pro 5.3.2 - iOS 14.3 support, improved Scrivener project support, multi-window, multitasking, better performance and bug fixes!
Scrivo Pro 5.2.2 - Improved performance and fixed iOS 13.6 bugs
Scrivo Pro 5.2.1 - Fixed a problem with paragraph line breaks
- Improved performance and fixed minor bugs on iOS 13.5
Scrivo Pro 5.2.0 - Fixed some issues with some TruType fonts
- Fixed a problem with paragraph line spacing
- Improved performance and fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 5.1.9 - Fixed bugs and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 5.1.8 - Improved multi-window and multitasking support
- Improved wireless keyboard, mouse and trackpad support for iOS 13.4
- Fixed bugs and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 5.1.4 - Fixed minors iOS 13.3.1 bugs and improved stability and performance
Scrivo Pro 5.0.2 - iOS 13 and iPadOS full support: Dark mode, Multi-window, two document simultaneous edition and much more!
- Improved support for external keyboards
Scrivo Pro 4.6.4 - Fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.6.3 - New feature: New fonts for Arabic, Hindi, Devanagari, Hebrew and Thai languages!
- New feature: New paper size DL Business Envelope
- Fixed minor issues and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 4.6.0 - Improved Scrivener projects syncing via Dropbox
- Fixed minor bugs
Scrivo Pro 4.5.8 - Added new Settings option to the app menu (gear icon) to change the User Interface color theme (Dark, Light, Sky, Black, Olive, etc.). You can also disable automatic backups, change the Text-To-Speech voice rate, disable auto-lock screen.
- Fixed a crash while syncing if the Scrivener project has non titled files
- Fixed minor bugs and improved performance
Scrivo Pro 4.5.7 - Improved Box cloud syncing support
- Improved support for a large number of folders and subfolders
- Fixed an issue with the Find&Replace functionality in Markdown documents
- Improved performance and fixed minor bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very good so far
I've had this a week or two and so far it has worked well for me.
My needs: to use Scrivener on a laptop but be able to write on my iPad and keep them synced. My mac laptop is old and I don't have access to the iCloud Drive so Dropbox is my friend.
I set up the sync in one attempt on the first day and I have been creating and editing docs, folders etc ever since.
It plays well with my Bluetooth keyboard too and the typing area is good - for my purposes. Word count on-screen is optional, which is a must for me.
Yes there are extras I'd like included in the app and I've told the developers what they are. They had the decency to respond that they'd add it to the list.
Be aware that the sync can take a few seconds, depending how many different things you've changed. And if you are focused on Scrivener files, only create them in the Scrivener folder in the app - if you start with them as local folders, you won't be able to turn them into Scrivener ones later AFIK.
With the official Scrivener app now in beta, Scrivo might wither on the vine, or it might prove to be great for those of us who don't have the latest version of the Mac OS and need something dependable for every day writing away from the desk.
Your mileage may vary.
Why only two stars
I really liked my scrivener until they start charging for updates. I am not keen to spend nearly fifty pounds for an update. How often are they going to charge again.....AND AGAIN ?
I used to have PC, but with their annual upgrades being charged for it pays to use a Mac which may be a little more expensive at first, but a lot cheaper in long run if you don’t have to pay for updates every year or so as on PC.
I paid £9.99 on the understanding that it would open Scrivener files. I tried with iCloud, I tried with Dropbox, all sorts of combinations in different folders and with different names. Every attempt was met with a greyed out Scrivener file. Ergo, I wasted £9.99. I emailed the developers. No reply. On first opening the app it invited me to ‘upgrade’ to a free notetaking app. When I downloaded it, on first opening it asked me to pay £4.99. No way. Disappointed isn’t the word for it. I had really hoped this would be a viable alternative to Scrivener. No way. It only gets one star because I couldn’t send the review without putting a star in.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kairoos Solutions S.L.
- 107.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Kairoos Solutions
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.