Seconds is widely recognised as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Non-paying users may create as many timers as they wish, but once an interval timer is started it may not be used again. Upgrading to the full version removes this restriction.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
• Added countdown screen for external displays
• Added custom message for half-way alerts
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome, easy to use, my music perfect!
I love this app! I’ve used it for some time now and I love the fact there are customisable timers so I can adapt what’s there, use the pre planned ones or create my own. I did upgrade to the full package but it’s been worth every penny. I can use it with my music. You can even set tracks to certain exercises if you wish or set up your fav playlist and go for it.
It has a huge screen to see the count down timer and a choice of beeps or voices to count you down, tell you what exercise is next etc. It even shows you what’s up next in the corner.
I love that the colours are changeable so I always set my rest time to grey/black for example that way even when I’m knackered I see grey I know it’s a rest!
Thanks guys you I’ve tried loads of apps and yours after at least 2yrs is the only one I use at least 3x per week that says it all really. Don’t look any further this has it all and if it doesn’t they think of it before you do!
Love this app!
I started using it after my weekly interval training sessions with a group of ladies. Once a week was not enough so I created a circuit on the app using the exercises from each workout. I could then repeat the workouts in the comfort of my own home, even while watching TV. It was like having a trainer in the room to prompt me.
Recently, I’ve entered walking workouts from the Prevention “Walk off Weight” book. In ‘name of exercise’ I put in a speed. The book might state 3-5intensity for a warmup so I named it ‘5kph’, then 1minute at 5-6intensity - I named that ‘6.5kph’. It’s great, I can quickly punch in the change of speed on my treadmill when prompted. I love having the verbal timer. Works beautifully for my 5 minute cool down stretch as well!!👍
The best interval training app I’ve found.
This is a fantastic, comprehensive, easy to use app and without doubt the best I’ve found. I use it predominantly for rowing and I appreciate the option to use a template timer or create one of my own which is completely different. Assigning colours means I always know what’s coming up or what interval I’m on with just a glance at my phone - that’s definitely helpful for the more complex training sessions. I also love how simple it is to program any workout and then add the music playlist you want to use. Highly recommended and something I use on a daily basis. Fantastic work by the developers.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Runloop Ltd
- 56.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Runloop Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Version £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.