S'hail. Every day, a smarter way.
S’hail is the perfect app to use to get around Dubai. Designed for residents and visitors, S’hail makes travel quick, simple and hassle-free.
S’hail shows Dubai Metro (as red or green line information), Dubai Tram timings, Bus schedules and stops, Dubai Taxi fares, Uber and Careem options, ekar and Udrive locations. you will have it all at your fingertips! Thanks to S’hail.
SMARTER. AND SIMPLER.
S’hail is user-friendly and intuitive. It is a smart app which allows you to access and browse information easily, as a registered user you can also have your favorites frequent searches saved for future reference.
REAL-TIME TRAFFIC UPDATES
Not sure if you should take the metro or the taxi? S’hail can help. Real-time traffic updates allows you to customise your journey preferences, and plan the fastest, cheapest and accurate trip.
Thank you for using S’hail!
We have a number of exciting new features in this update, which will en-hance your experience to plan and move you around Dubai.
- Live location with real-time movement of public transport network.
- Newsfeed section for latest transport updates.
- Highlighting public transport routes on the map.
- Happiness meter for your feedback to us.
- Enhanced user experience and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has promise and hope. Maybe next year?
It’s clear that great work has gone into this app, however, I had a few suggestions and the “chat” feature is the biggest let down of the whole experience.
I need to enter a lot of personal information, and then the person on the other end doesn’t even know which app I’m using?? That’s not very “smart” nor “connected”. Also, while typing a message, the agent disconnected me.
1) [improve the chat and customer service]
2) when tapping on a bus stop on the map, the route numbers are displayed, however I cannot then see the full list of stops on that route. Please add this feature when the number is tapped.
3) after viewing the full route list, the user should be able to tap on any stop and for it to be displayed on the map view
4) please add walking routes (even for longer distances). The app seems to favour short bus routes or even taxis over walking 20mins, which is great for summer but disappointing for this time of year. Encourage walking 👍🏼
5) I can see cycling is listed but no routes appear. I truly hope this is part of a bigger initiative to make the city more bike and pedestrian friendly?
6) taxis and Uber/Careem should take into consideration the wait time for the driver to reach me (currently it assumes I’m already in the taxi - 0min has been added to the drive time). Sometimes the wait can be 15+mins
7) increased marketing and promotion of the app
8) there are FAR too many similar Dubai apps all offering similar services. (Not just RTA and Transport). It’s frustrating and confusing.
There should be max. 2 apps for RTA (they could even be combined into 1)
1 for public transport (inc. metro, NOL, busses, ordering taxis etc)
1 for private vehicle owners (inc salik)
The same goes for DEWA and others (1 for health, 1 for police, 1 for education). The Dubai Now app is ambitious but the enthusiasm seems to have dried up recently?
Best Travel App for Commuters
As a frequent commuter, S’hail always comes in handy especially with metro timings and estimating travel time. Today it has just saved my life! At the time of writing, there is heavy congestion of people happening in Burj Khalifa metro with the trains not working, and everyone trying to hail a cab instead. I booked a cab with a really helpful driver and now conveniently on my way to my destination. While waiting, I thought to myself more people should have downloaded this app and saved their time like I did.
Needs a feature to book taxis
I will consider rating higher if this app would let me book a taxi. Considering the button request a ride has an icon like a taxi, I would’ve thought I could book one. But no, it only gives me an option to book a metro, bus, etc. But no taxi. So this app isn’t very useful really. Sorry to be blunt, but it’s my honest opinion.
- Roads & Transport Authority
- 135.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019, Roads and Transport Authority, All Rights Reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.