Three episodes of SEGA’s Shining series hit SEGA Forever in one single app! Sharing the same universe but taking the players through different game genres – both 3D dungeon-crawler and turn-based tactical RPG – this Shining saga throws you and your team into deep stories and large-scale strategic battles. Are you ready for the three quests ahead?
Shining in the Darkness
Vanish the fiendish forces of Dark Sol and restore peace to the enchanted Kingdom of Thornwood. Search for the powerful Arms of Light and fight the savage creatures that roam the darkness of the Labyrinth. Use your warrior’s skills and cunning to pass the test of the Ancients and become a shining knight.
• 3D first-person perspective puts you in the adventure
• Incredible panoramic and cinematic views
• Fast-paced scrolling whisks you from battle to battle, for non-stop action
Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention
The Continent of Rune has slumbered in peace for 50 generations. A horde of invaders swarm across the border, while a dragon that has slept for centuries stirs in its tomb. Only the King’s youngest swordsman and his war party can defy the Dark Dragon’s evil power and crush the mighty army!
• Control up to 10 different characters at once
• Increase their skills and attributes through strategy, combat, and exploration!
• Search through eight brilliant scenarios
• Sub-quests and imaginative sequences make every game a new adventure!
Shining Force II
In the eerie Cave of the Past, a mischievous thief tampers with the mystical Stones of light and Dark. The Stones once imprisoned the Evil of All Ages. Now the deadly Zeon is unleashed. His rage will hurl the galaxy into eternal darkness — unless the Shining Force can stop him!
• The legendary epic resumes with an entirely new story, awesome cinematic battle sequences, and incredible monsters!
• Build an awesome 12-member strike force from over 20 characters and develop them into fiercer, stronger, more magical warriors!
• Experience superb fantasy-style 16-bit graphics!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Shining Bundle, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
SF: Good, Bad and Ugly
This is regarding only Shining Force as I haven’t got round to the other two yet.
- Price: £1.99 is an exceptional price for so many hours of entertainment.
- Gameplay: a perfect title for a phone port. The style of play loses nothing from being on a touchscreen unlike many other SEGA titles.
- 3 in 1: nice having one app not three.
- I bought this before in its previous release. Re-releasing and charging again from the same company is not good.
- Controls: the D-Pad is v annoying. Oversensitive but works a little better if you reposition it nearer the middle for some reason.
- Save system. ‘Now you can save anytime!’ No. You can save when you have a decent internet connection and are logged into Game Center. Want to play this on a tube, plane, boat or anywhere with bad signal? You can’t. I play games on my phone during commutes which involve a tube ie no signal. If you move to a different app and leave the game running in the background it quickly closes meaning you’ll lose your progress.
Added to this, there’s been no thought added to what happens if you follow the in game save procedure. If you do, you get to a point where the game tells you to take a break and you have no choice but to reset your console. On the phone you do that by resetting the app. But of course you haven’t saved your game.
Overall a great game and glad to have it again for a good price.
Trip down memory lane. Brilliant!!!!
I brought sf1 first time round on I pad and for some reason sega withdrew it from uk App Store. However I always kept it on my I pad because I had paid for it. A brilliant game back in the day and a great convert to the I pad. Now this re release brilliant 3 games in one, sf1,sf2 and sf in darkness which I haven’t played yet. Just getting into sf2 a great convert to I pad. I haven’t experienced any problems playing at all. Save works only a bit of a cheat you can save anytime. On the original you could only save in the church. But will make it easier for new players, as you can save right before a battle. One chap says it hangs when you take a break. I remember just wait when you get the girl with the book it will eventually reset to the start. Be patient. Brilliant sega well worth buying this please release some more old classics. Thank you
Great games, problem fixed!
Delighted to finally be able to play these three games on iOS.
However, I have bought the IAP to remove the ads, but the app keeps on forgetting that I have done so. When I try and repurchase (as there’s no restore option), the app hangs on “Processing’.
This is a real pain; the only way around it is to save my game (watching irritating ads first), uninstall the app, reinstall, repurchase and then reload the game.
This problem also affects (at least) Phantasy Star II.
Please fix; supporting an app with IAP should make the experience more pleasant, not more annoying.
Addendum: when attempting to report this issue from within the app, I was treated to the pleasure of completing *18 CAPCHAS* before my submission was sent. And, obviously, had another 30 second ad afterwards before I could resume my game. I am now able to correctly identify a wide range of traffic lights, bicycles, “cross-walks”, buses and other obscure articles of road furniture, while narrowly avoiding throwing my phone out of a third floor window.
New version has fixed the problem.
Now impressed again.
- Sega America
- 156.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Shining Force Bundle Premium £4.99
- Shining Force 2 Premium £1.99
- Shining Force Premium Upgrade £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.