Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for Mac - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Everything you need to get started with mind mapping.
• No ads.
• No need to sign up for an account.
• Upgrade to full functionality is a one-time single purchase.
NOTE: In-App purchases are not shared via Family Sharing, purchase SimpleMind Pro instead.
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
• Open Mind Maps from Files app.
• Wysiwyg rich text support in Note, Topics and Labels.
• Additional styling options for Mind Maps.
• Bugs fixed in Nextcloud and Nutstore cloud support.
• Other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app!
I've used a few different mind mapping tools over the years, each having it's own USP, but overall this is the easiest to use. I never have to think about how to use it which just allows me to quickly map out and organise my thoughts. I tend to create an central index map that links to all my other maps, as creating links to other maps (and files, folders & websites) is so easy. I use both the iPad and Windows desktop version storing the maps on Dropbox. As others have said, it keeps improving through regular updates and the developers are responsive and helpful.
Brilliant, but with a glaring oversight
Brilliant mind-map software. In fact, it’s the best one I’ve found with all the features I wanted. There’s a small learning curve, but once you figure things out, it’s very easy to use.
My one gripe is the save features. Why is there no ability to save to iCloud? All iOS apps have this ability now, and surely it wouldn’t be too hard to add it.
Well, okay, I have a Dropbox, so it’s not a deal breaker. I save to there instead. But then, why is there no autosave feature?
This is a very common feature these days, and I think every other app I use now has it. If you don’t manually remember to save and synchronise your work, you lose it all. So, if you forget, or if the app force closes, or there’s a problem with your tablet or phone, you will lose your work. I’m not particularly lazy, and I don’t mind having to manually press the save the button every five minutes—no matter how annoying I find it—but this lack of provision for possible problems and unforeseen events is why I have given this app 3 stars, even though I love it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback.
SimpleMind synchronises mind maps automatically on built-in clouds like Dropbox. If you close SimpleMind, all changes will be synced. It is true that is your complete tablet stops working this may mean some changes have not been synced yet.
Please know that 1.23 you are now able to use Files. And because of that iCloud Drive. See https://simplemind.eu/faq/#!/ipadiphone/use-any-cloud-via-files/. If you have any questions, please contact our support.
Great App Ruined By No Save Feature
This is one of the best mind mapping apps I have used. Unfortunately it ruined by the fact, that even if you have the paid version there is no support for iCloud. It also appears that you are unable to back up your work in the free version. Although it saves on the iPad there is no way to back the hours of work you could have put in to a map, in the event of a problem with your tablet. I love Apple products and I have an iCloud account why would I then want Dropbox or google drive. I believe the concept of backing your work should be in the most basic of apps otherwise why would you use them. This app deserves 5*’s but because of the lack of the features listed above I can only give it 3. I will be removing the app and going back to Coggle I am a law student and do not have the inclination or time to keep repeating my work.
- xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- 21.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 SimpleApps
- In-App Purchases
- upgrade to full version £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.