Simply Piano is a fast and fun way to learn piano, from beginner to pro. Works with any piano or keyboard. Chosen as one of the best iPhone apps.
- Tons of fun songs like Imagine, Chandelier, All Of Me and Counting Stars, also J.S. Bach
- Includes courses for different musical tastes and playing levels
- Learn the basics step-by-step from reading sheet music to playing with both hands
- Slow down library songs to choose your own pace for easy learning
- Personalized 5-Min Workouts ensuring you progress fast and always succeed
- Suitable for all ages, no previous knowledge required to learn piano
No Piano? Try the Touch Courses with 3D Touch to turn your device into an on-screen keyboard!
How it works:
- Place your device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) on your acoustic/MIDI piano or keyboard and play; the app will immediately recognize what you are playing
- Get instant feedback on your playing to quickly learn and improve your piano skills
- Discover the magic of music with fun songs in the Library and complete courses to start sounding like a pro
How the Subscription Works:
- All app users can play two free courses. Upgrade to a premium subscription package at any time.
- Subscribers will receive full access to ALL courses. New courses and songs added every month!
- All recurring subscriptions will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of the chosen package.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on your iOS device.
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Choose from one of the following subscription options:
- 3 months recurring subscription for $59.99 (USD)
- 6 months recurring subscription for $89.99 (USD)
- Yearly recurring subscription for $119.99 (USD)
Simply Piano is developed by JoyTunes, creators of award-winning apps Piano Maestro and Piano Dust Buster. Created by music educators, the apps are used by tens of thousands of music teachers worldwide with over 1 million songs learned every week. JoyTunes are experts in creating educational and fun music apps for learning piano quickly and easily.
Awards & Recognition -
- "EMI’s Innovation Challenge”
- "World Summit Award", by the United Nations
- “Best Tools for Beginners”, NAMM
- "Best Tablet Game", GameIS
- “Parents' Choice Award”
- “Golden App”, Apps for Homeschooling
Have questions, feedback or suggestions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Just like a piano, the app needed some tuning. We fixed some pesky bugs so it should B sharp now.
Keep your feedback coming! Write us at email@example.com and one of our friendly bunch will get back to you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
You’ve always promised yourself you’ll learn how to play piano one day. How about today? No need to hook up a special keyboard: Simply Piano listens to what you’re playing on any keyboard or piano—or lets you use an onscreen one. Within minutes you’ll start reading music, and soon you’ll be playing along with familiar songs and adopting good habits. Even if you’ve never touched a keyboard in your life, Simply Piano makes it easy to learn.
Perfect for beginners (and so much cheaper than piano lessons!)
I can’t express how much I am enjoying this app. I have always wanted to be able to play the piano and after a couple of months on the app, I find that I can read and play (basic) sheet music! I am a complete beginner and have very little musical talent but have been so many times where I’ve said to myself, “Oh my god, look at me! I’m actually playing the piano.” The app is simple in design and the gamification of it means it’s a joy to play the piano.
In addition, the creators regularly add more songs to play and there are some great community challenges you can participate in. I’ve joined the Facebook group, which has provided me with lots of motivation to practise as well as given me a place to ask any questions I have.
There are some reviews on here complaining about the price, however, it is significantly cheaper than piano lessons would be. Others critique the lack of theory being taught. Simply piano is not for players who wish to become experts- there are better resources out there for those at more advance levels. However, if you are like me and you want to progress as a beginner to get to a point where you can play the piano for your own enjoyment, then this app is perfect for you.
It works for me.
I am 67, with no musical talent. A few years ago I tried to learn the piano using a different app, Piano Marvel, and weekly lessons with a teacher. I made a little progress, but after two months I gave up. I had spent a lot of time with the app and practising from sheet music, but my progress was very slow, and getting slower as I was given more difficult (but still elementary) pieces to play.
Then the lockdown was imposed so I restarted Piano Marvel, no private lessons of course. I soon remembered why I gave up Piano Marvel. My ear for music is not good enough for that app, I cannot identify and distinguish between chords, nor repeat a pattern of notes from memory. I am sure that to be a good pianist these are basic requirements, absolutely essential for progress to the higher levels. But I am not aiming to be a good pianist, I just want to be able play the piano confidently, read music, accompany songs and enjoy myself.
Simply Piano is great fun but challenging, and I love playing along with well known songs as I make progress. I am really glad I found it, since it has been a brilliant way to spend the lockdown.
- 443.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 JoyTunes
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access £83.99
- Full Access £83.99
- Premium Access (12 Months) £66.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.