Talk. Chat. Collaborate.
Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- Offers In-App Purchases
Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call, no matter what device they use Skype on. Chat with the new Bing in Skype, and get AI-powered answers, recommendations, and inspiration. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Bing in Skype – Chat with the new Bing in your individual and group chats to get AI-powered answers, right within the context of your conversations. Ask for recommendations to help make plans together and get inspired and have fun by asking Bing for ideas.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, GIFs, stickers, images from your device or web.
• SMS - Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles world-wide.
Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Microsoft Account required. Bing in Skype is available via the Bing preview waitlist. To learn more and sign-up visit: https://www.bing.com/new
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts - Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft's servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone - The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera - The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location - You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• Photo Library - Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications - Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively being used.
• Siri - This allows Siri to make calls in Skype.
• Calendar - Access to the calendar is so that calls can be scheduled and added to the calendar.
• Motion Usage - Motion usage is used so that Skype can detect when your device is rotated, so that Skype can orientate the camera correctly.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Introducing the new Bing in Skype preview experience. Chat with Bing individually or add to groups to get AI-powered answers, right within the context of your conversations.If you want to try it yourself, sign up for the Bing preview waitlist by signing into Skype or at https://www.bing.com/new
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Skype Contacts online?
4 stars it’s really good it has many features and I love the mojis as well. It’s amazing during quarantine where I can just talk with my friends and my family. Also it’s nice as you can add people while your calling (unlike FaceTime) and I think MOST of the time you won’t have a problem......
The reason I gave this app 4 stars is because it’s sometimes a little bit hard to hear what the other person/people are/is saying. Also it’s a little bit slow, mainly when you turn the camera.
Now to my main, usually Skype have colours when your friends are online, been online recently, or off. (Like WhatsApp has last seen and online and messages do not) but it said green so I text my friend, and then I called her, it’s still showing green, and then she texts me “can’t call I’m painting and I’m right in the middle of doing it” I ask her if she’s been online while she’s been doing it and she says no. Then again it’s only happens about 3 4 times but I’ve only had it for a 2 months. Please fix this thanks!!!
I think Skype is a really good app but when I want to chat with my friends I can sometimes glitch out of calls and sometimes the emojis are limited also sometimes it gets confusing when it says this person was seen 21 minutes ago but they messaged me 2 minutes ago I’m not sure why this is happening but it can get very confusing. Also sometimes when I try to send pictures they turn out white and don’t send. Also once you have sent a message to someone it shows the profile picture but when I am on calls with my friends they say that they never saw the message. I would also like to say that sometimes it tags out what I want to say and the predictive text is so annoying I try to send a simple message to my friend but then it says something completely different. Over all I think that Skype is a very good app and the safety rules for kids are amazing all I think is that there need to be a couple of changes. Thank you for reading my review.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 116.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2023 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit £4.99
- Skype Credit £9.99
- United States £2.99
- United Kingdom £7.99
- United Kingdom Skype Number £7.99
- Skype Credit £24.99
- Poland £3.49
- World £14.49
- United States Skype number £7.99
- Iran £7.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.