Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• Those on MacOS 12 reported that notification sounds were still coming through despite Notification Sounds being set to “None.” We have updated the internal logic to the more explicit “None, not under any circumstances, not even if it’s very important, never, not once, nil, absolutely not.” We hope it takes the hint.
• Some external URLs were occasionally launching within the Slack app window, but will now load in your default web browser, as is proper. Slack cannot have a little web page, even as a treat.
• This release includes security improvements. Updating is recommended.
Ratings and Reviews
Wish it was a bit faster. But its not bad.
In-slack Video and Voice messages. Sometimes I want to share screen and explain things not live. ATM I have to use an external tool and add a file, would be nice to use the same slack live video interface with the share screen features but be able to save it for on demand consumtion, it will save me time having to arrange live meetings.
Technical issues hinder the experience
As a collaborative app this is up there with the best. However there are some annoying bugs. One is that the app will sometimes utilise extremely high CPU usage, even when idle. Right before I wrote this review, Slack was using 90% of my 2015 MBP's i7 CPU! When I quit the app, the fans turned off entirely! Even Chrome doesn't do that unless I really push it. The second major bug I've noticed is the pen tool during video calls. When drawing on the screen, our doodles can often show up twice in two different areas of the screen. This is frustrating when all we're trying to do is circle or underline something.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about these issues! We'd be happy to take a look and help out wherever we can if you wouldn't mind dropping us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking Help - Troubleshooting - Report Issue from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen.
Great for company, group and individual chats
Slack provides you with the ability to have company-wide chats (not recommended for medium or large companies), team chats, group chats with people from different teams or companies and chats between individuals. It is as secure as you make it, so be aware of the chat group settings.
I found it easy to use and the Support staff were very responsive and helpfu: 5/5.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 175 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Slack Technologies, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.