Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Tick off your to-do list and make progress on your projects by bringing the right people, conversations, tools and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organise your conversations by topic, project or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people, all in Slack
• Integrate the tools and services you already use into your workflow, including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customise your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumoured) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• We’ve improved support for dynamic type in key iOS screens, meaning that if you’re using larger text or font settings, Slack will do a better job of making those readable. Fun fact: written language is most useful when people are able to read it.
• Fixed: However you choose to pronounce GIF, you can once again paste them into Slack. Let the memes flow.
Ratings and Reviews
Great great app
It’s a great 5 and definitely helps at work when everyone works remotely and stay connected is key. The only thing I still struggle is how slowly pictures load!! In the world where we use screenshoot snd pictures to support messages having to wait serval seconds for a pic to load (opposite to a few seconds on other apps), makes it really annoying. Another thing which is also irritating is “unsent messages” only been notified after several minutes. If you haven’t got a good connection, at times slack makes you believe that the message is sent. Only to realise that this isn’t correct a few minutes( not really few), later!
A real struggle to use
Slack used to be good. I won’t say great; it is a difficult job trying to give everyone the communication tools they want with a UX that is simple an quick. But the previous version of the Slack mobile app did a good job. The latest version doesn’t. I’m not averse to change, but having spent some time with the redesigned app the only thing on my mind is how frustrated I am trying to use it. Mostly because, after a few weeks, I have realised what I thought was my failure to grasp all this swiping back and forth you now have to do is actually a bug. The Jump to page or home page whatever it is, keeps disappearing. And I can’t get it back without restarting the app. Now I’ve realised restarting the app fixes it I feel less apprehensive about using it but it’s a serious defect that needs fixing. Other than that, the new interface still has me feeling lost and unsure as to what I’m looking at half the time. It doesn’t feel like an improvement. It was certainly waaaay too much change in one go.
I find the app constantly half a second too slow for my liking. This has the cumulative effect of making me slightly more frustrated over time as I'm using the app.
Slowness most noticeable with the delay in (or simply broken) notifications. When I see a red notification icon on the app logo, I find the fastest way to check the new update is to hard close the app and re-open, as this prompts the notifications to actually pick up the new message. It's also not a 100% success rate - sometimes I need to do this several times before the update is picked up. This has frustrated me when I've actually been reading the thread at the time, I know someone has added a comment, but it won't show up on my screen, even with a drag-refresh.
Slowness also noticeable when changing channels, navigating to threads and switching workspaces.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 179.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.