Howdy! ’sodes is a casual, cozy way to listen to the occasional podcast. There are no download queues or tricked-out audio features. Just tap a show, tap an episode, and listen.
● Don’t-have-to-think-about-it visual design. – Made for folks who want podcast listening to be a casual habit.
● No account required. – Everything happens right on your device.
● No downloads to manage*. – Tap an episode and it starts playing.
● Convenient home screen. – The “home” screen of the app has convenient access to your most favorite shows, in-progress episodes, and a few of the most recent unplayed episodes.
● Multiple color themes. – Switch from the Light to the Dark theme with a two finger swipe, like flicking off a light switch. Do it again to switch to the Campfire theme for ultra-low-light goodness (useful for moms ’n dads up at 3am rocking babies to sleep).
● Big, tappable buttons. – The player screen has extra large buttons with ample spacing. This should help anyone who has trouble tapping the right button in a hurry (walking, jogging, cooking, etc).
● Works with CarPlay. – Keep your eyes on the road while you listen to your favorite shows. Stay safe out there, folks.
● Drop the needle using Siri Shorcuts. – Play a specific podcast, or just play whatever's the most appropriate next thing to hear, by using a Siri Shortcut. Requires iOS 12.
● Keep Screen Unlocked – A special feature for commuters who can't use CarPlay: if you keep your phone plugged into a dashboard mount on long road trips, and you don’t have or can’t use Bluetooth controls, try enabling the “Keep Screen Unlocked” option in settings. This keeps your screen unlocked as long ’sodes is open AND it is playing (not paused) AND the device is connected to a charger. Why? Because then you can quickly pause or skip without fumbling to unlock your phone.
* ’sodes requires an internet connection in order to play audio. Once you start playing an episode, only the portions of audio data requested by the system will be downloaded. This data is stored temporarily on disk in order to limit network data usage and does not provide offline playback. Audio data is stashed in a directory that doesn't count against your iPhone’s local storage and which your iPhone manages for you automatically. ’sodes also periodically removes old audio data so the system doesn't have to.
• Fixed issues that caused audio playback to fail prematurely, especially when moving from one network to another.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when loading audio data during playback.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when refreshing feeds.
• Asking Siri to skip forward/backward by an arbitrary amount of time now works (previously was only using the default value).
• Fixed a handful of minor UI glitches and issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Constant crashes on iOS 12 after starting and looking around for a bit. Very frustrating.
My new podcast app - end of.
Quite brilliantly designed, with a use of fonts and a clean, structured interface that no other podcast player comes close to.
App looks nice but doesn’t play a lot of my podcasts. I get a nonsensical error. When I contacted the developer to get help he just replied ‘an error occurred’.
Will be asking iTunes for a refund as there is not much point having a podcast app that doesn’t play podcasts.
- Nice Boy LLC
- 14.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Nice Boy LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.