You can LISTEN faster than you can READ
Speechify is an intelligent text-to-speech audio-reader that turns your reading material into interactive audiobooks so that you can save time, retain more information, and stay focused. Like your own personal reading assistant, Speechify can read books, documents, and articles while you cook, work out, commute, or any other activity you can think of.
"I am literally going to start crying at how profoundly amazing and revolutionary this is for me" - Chandler
"I suffer from A.D.D. and between this app and Audiobooks I have never felt more empowered... please know you made a real difference in my life" - Bill
• Listen to articles, PDFs, digital text, or physical books AS AUDIO.
• Listen with HD voices and 50+ languages.
• Toggle your reading speed up to 900 words per minute (~5x faster than sight-reading).
• Scan physical book pages with your device camera.
• Import internet articles straight from your mobile browser.
• Integrates with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
• Sync audiobooks across your devices both Mac and Web.
LISTEN TO ANY TEXT, ANYWHERE:
• Import online articles, PDFs, clipboard-copied text, or even photos of physical book pages, and listen while Speechify reads your content to you in the highest quality digital voices available anywhere.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE:
• Listen to your content with any of Speechify's HD voices or 50+ supported languages, and find the perfect reading speed that works for you. Read along with Speechify's interactive reading interface, or simply lay back and listen!
SAVE TIME, RETAIN MORE, GET MORE DONE:
• While the average sight-reading speed is approximately 200 words per minute, Speechify users quickly learn to listen to 400 words per minute or faster, doubling their reading speed. Speechify's reading screen highlights each word as it reads, and academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension.
PERFECT FOR USERS WITH READING DISABILITIES:
• Originally created as a solution for Speechify's founder's dyslexia, Speechify now empowers tens of thousands of users with Dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, anxiety, concussions, and other reading disabilities to breeze through their readings and engage with their curiosities.
SYNC YOUR LIBRARY ACROSS DEVICES:
• Download Speechify for iPhone, iPad, and Google Chrome at speechify.com, and your library of audiobooks will sync across all of your devices.
We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify now helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can't wait for you to join the family :)
- Happy Listening & Much love, Cliff Weitzman, and the rest of the Speechify Team.
• Get access to Speechify's HD natural reading voices with Speechify Premium on either a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. Speechify's cutting edge HD voices use natural human inflection to help you stay even more engaged with your readings.
After a free trial, the total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://getspeechify.com/terms/
We update the Speechify app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements you’ll find in the latest update:
- Added 2 more Premium Voices: Mathew and Sally.
- Improved preview speech for all voices.
- Crashes & UI improvements.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback keeps the Speechify app growing.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Life changer for uni students
One of the best apps I have ever purchased - I wish it had existed sooner! I’m an MA history student and used to find myself constantly drowning in reading but speechify has made it all completely manageable and pleasurable.
I’d highly recommend it for anyone who reads slowly or learns faster having things read to them. For students it is a game changer and honestly worth every penny. I used to spend hours a day staring at my laptop screen but now I can listen to my reading while on a walk or in the car.
Additionally, the HD voices are amazing (so lifelike) and I love the variety available. The ability to convert photocopies of books or articles completely surprised me. The words, despite being blurry on the original scan, were converted into digital text perfectly and read out smoothly.
The only improvement I could think of is creating the ability to delete repeated text automatically, as I find the publication information at the bottom of pdf book pages gets read out repeatedly throughout - this can be a annoying when listening in podcast format.
Cliff, you’re a genius!
I personally, discovered cliff weitzmann, on the Ali abdaal podcast, since then his energy is just so addicting, loved the dudes wisdom and perspective, wonder what the dude is like firing people up in person. Long story short: I’m a webdeveloper and have little knowledge of app development, but man THIS APP IS THOUGHT THROUHH EXTREMELY WELL THROUGH! I feel like a new way of obtaining knowledge has just been unlocked🔑
Cliff only wish you good vibes! :-)
Ps. Will subscribe to speechify premium ;-)
Pps. Go more on such guest talks like you did with Ali, if you wanna grow speechify, which you totally want to I’m sure. I listen to your problem running into ads etc. Do more of this your personality is your biggest assest to make this biiiiiiig Brother , Peace ✌️
I can actually study, but the word limitations are absurd and the premium price is too high
So, I’ve always had trouble reading, this is for multiple reasons with one of them being medical. Because I’m at college, I need to study and read a lot of different sources at a time. This app seemed perfect at first! That was until I found out about the word limitations; I would understand if I had used it to read like 10-20 pages of one of my text books, but just to try it I got a small document that said it would take 5 minutes to speak through, “Awesome” I had though at the time as it would normally take me 10-20 minutes. That is, until it got to the halfway mark, and it just stopped, it kept on telling me to go Premium so I checked to see how much... almost £12 a month is an unbelievable amount of money for a broke college student, it might not seem like a lot to other people but it mounts up to about almost £144 a year which is a lot for me, yes, it might say that it has unlimited amount of listening and other things but that is still a lot of money that at least I don’t have to spare.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Speechify Inc.
- 283.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Speechify Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium £134.99
- Premium £78.99
- Premium £134.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.