Splitwise is the easiest way to share expenses with friends and family and stop stressing about “who owes who”. Millions of people around the world use Splitwise to organize group bills for households, trips, and more. Our mission is to reduce the stress and awkwardness that money places on our most important relationships.
Splitwise is great for:
- Roommates splitting rent and apartment bills
- Group trips around the world
- Splitting a vacation house for skiing or at the beach
- Weddings and bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Couples sharing relationship costs
- Friends and co-workers who go out to lunch or dinner together frequently
- Loans and IOUS between friends
- And so much more
Splitwise is simple to use:
- Create groups or private friendships for any splitting situation
- Add expenses, IOUs, or informal debts in any currency, with support for offline entry
- Expenses are backed up online so everyone can log in, view their balances, and add expenses
- Keep track of who should pay next, or settle up by recording cash payments or using our integrations
We also have powerful features that can handle almost any money sharing situation. Here are some of our industry-leading features:
- Multi-platform support for smartphones and web
- Simplify debts into the easiest repayment plan
- Expense categorization
- Calculate group totals
- Export to CSV
- Comment directly on expenses
- Split expenses equally or unequally by percentages, shares, or exact amounts
- Add informal debts and IOUs
- Create bills that reccur monthly, weekly, yearly, fortnightly
- Add multiple payers on a single expense
- See total balances with a person across multiple groups and private expenses
- Custom user avatars
- Cover photos for groups
- Activity feed and push notifications help you stay on top of changes
- View your edit history for changes to an expense
- Any deleted group or bill can be restored easily
- World-class customer support
- Pay back using our integrated payments: Venmo and PayPal (US only), Paytm (India only)
- 100+ currencies and growing
- 7+ supported languages
“Makes it easy to split everything from your dinner bill to rent.” - NY Times
"Fundamental for tracking finances. As good as WhatsApp for containing awkwardness." – The Financial Times
“I never fight with roommates over bills because of this genius expense-splitting app”- Business Insider
“The Single Best App You Can Download for Group Trips of Any Kind” - Thrillist
“Life Changing! I don’t review many things, but this app has seriously improved my quality of life. It has saved my sanity when it comes to splitting utilities, mortgage, groceries, dog expenses...the list goes on. No more saving receipts, making spreadsheets, and manually calculating each month. So handy for group trips/weekends, too! THANK YOU!!” – Courtney via the App Store
We offer in-app purchases for “Splitwise Pro”, the benefits of which are described below. The subscription amount will be charged to your App Store account and will vary by plan and country. You’ll see the total price before completing your first payment. If you don’t choose to purchase “Splitwise Pro”, you can continue using Splitwise for free.
Premium Subscription Service “Splitwise Pro”:
1. Store high-resolution receipts in the cloud (10GB cloud storage)
2. OCR integration for scanning and itemizing receipts
3. Backups to JSON, downloadable from our website
4. Convert expenses to different currencies using our Open Exchange Rates integration
5. Access to “spending by category” budgeting tools and other charts
6. Search full expense history
“Splitwise Pro” subscriptions purchased in-app renew monthly or yearly depending on your plan. Plan pricing may vary by country. To avoid renewal, you must turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. You can turn off auto-renew at any time by visiting the App Store.
Various fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ok; but could be a lot better
This app is on the way to being very good. Easier to add members of a group and add in bills that need to be shared. However it needs 2 simple improvements to be as good as it should be as settling up is much more complicated than it needs to be.
First highlight whether a member of the group can be paid by PayPal and ideally which email address to use. Including how to settle up in a ‘help’ section would also be very useful.
Second I only expected to pay my net balance So for example I owe other group members £30; they owe me £16 so I expected to only pay out my net balance of £14. However the way settle up works means I have to pay out £30 and then wait for group members to pay me back the £16: not only does this add complexity and delay it also increases PayPal costs as you pay a %.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sending for your feedback! We'd love to hear more and offer some suggestions, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy and makes living with people 100x easier
I use this so we can keep track of money spent in my flat with my flat mate. We know exactly what we owe each other and we never have to pay each other back for anything anymore. We just look at Splitwise and see who is in the red this week and they do the shopping. No notes or coins get thrown around anymore and we never loose track of our spendings! If you live with a group of people, this app will not only make your life easier, but will improve you relationships with the people you live with!!!
This is a gem of an app. I use Splitwise with my partner almost daily. The real value for me is in the mental space it frees - I know longer have to think about whether we’re being fair, or who is in debt to whom. It means whoever has their card out first can just pay and we can split the bill later.
Also recently used it on a holiday with three people and the ‘simplify debts’ feature made settling up at the end very easy, requiring two of us to make one payment each. So nice not to have to think about money while on holiday!
Thanks Splitwise :)
- Splitwise, Inc.
- 79.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai
- Age Rating
- © Splitwise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Splitwise Pro £1.99
- Splitwise Pro £19.99
- Splitwise Pro £2.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.