Do you need help organising your study time before important exams?
SQA’s My Study Plan app will automatically create your own personalised study plan based on your exam times, their importance and when you want to study.
Once the study plan is generated you can view and edit it to customise it further to meet your needs. You can then share your plan as a printable calendar or list.
You can track study progress using the study timer and get optional reminders on the days you plan to study.
The app is ideal for learners of all ages from school pupils and college students to adult learners.
Key features are:
- Adding subjects and exams
- Importing exams from SQA MyExams (you will need v1.4 of the MyExams app)
- Setting your preferred study period for each subject
- Prioritisation of subjects
- Setting the times when you want to study
- Automatic generation of study plan based on your preferences
- Editing your plan
- Share your plan
- Print your plan as a calendar or list
- Study reminders
We recommend downloading the latest version (v1.4) of the SQA MyExam app so that you can import your exams from your exam timetable.
SQA (Scottish Qualification Authority) is the national accreditation and awarding body in Scotland.
This application and its content belongs exclusively to SQA (‘Scottish Qualifications Authority’), an executive non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored by the Scottish Government’s Learning Directorate.
SQA makes no warranty or representation that the use of this application will improve examination performance. It is intended as a study aid and should be treated as such.
SQA makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided through this application is accurate at the time of inclusion. Information may also be updated or changed at any time without notice.
- Updated guides links
Ratings and Reviews
Great... when it actually works
This app has helped me a lot because I can track what I’m doing and don’t need to follow a strict timetable.
Only problem is that it just doesn’t work.
For some reason it wouldn’t automatically give me study time for April and then when I tried to manually write it in it changed every session to biology and suddenly wouldn’t let me add any more of certain subjects for no reason.
I wish it worked better because it is really good.
I also wish that it counted up how many hours I’ve spent on each subject so that I could tell where I needed more but it is a free app so I can’t expect everything.
Great app - with a couples of minor annoyances
This app is great, it helps you to plan your revision so you can see exactly what you need to do on the day and you can get on with it. There is a timer so you can set a target as to how much revision you are planning to do before your exams and you use the timer while you revise.
A couple of things that would be welcome if added:
• Undoing time - it is very annoying accidentally starting the timer for the wrong subject as it doesn’t clearly state what subject you are starting the timer for on the timer section. This should be labelled correctly and should allow manual altering of a timer (taking off time and adding it on)
• Voluntary revision timer section - if I have spare time I would like to revise in, I cannot start the timer on the app for any subject that isn’t planned for that specific day. Extra revision timers should be accessible from within the app so the revision time I complete is recorded.
• An (optional) account - this would allow us to use the same timetable on more than one device at the same time, such as on a phone and iPad so there isn’t a need to have your phone on you all the time.
Besides this, great app, and would recommend to anybody in need of starting revision of any kind. This will be the support you need to start revision, and is beneficial to anyone GCSE standard and above. This app has increased my chances of getting A*s, and I promise I’m not sponsored to say this.
Ok with faults
Decent app when it works - annoyingly keeps closing the app after I set it to start a timer so when I open my phone again it hasn’t recorded anything and I have to guess how much time I’ve spent on something. You also can’t take away time if you add it to the wrong subject.
But when it does work it allows me to see how much time I’m taking to do past papers etc which is useful although I don’t really use what it automatically sets me so I’m glad it lets me set a day’s work myself.
- Scottish Qualifications Authority
- 15 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Scottish Qualification Authority
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.