The Steam Link app brings desktop gaming to your iPhone or iPad. Just pair an MFI or Steam controller to your device, connect to a computer running Steam on the same local network, and start playing your existing Steam games.
* iPhone or iPad using iOS 11.0 or higher
* Computer running Steam - Windows, Mac, or Linux
* iOS device must be on the same local network as the computer running Steam
For best performance:
* Connect your computer using Ethernet to your 5Ghz WiFi router
* Connect your iOS device to the 5GHz band of your WiFi network
* Keep your iOS device within a reasonable range of your router
* Added chord shortcuts for controllers that are missing the full complement of buttons
Ratings and Reviews
Works perfectly with audio and WiFi (5ghz) is basically flawless in terms of lag. No real artefacts. Only issue is I can’t make it full screen, even by setting my desktop/game res to match the iPad. Weird. iPad Air 2.
Overdue but worth the wait!
It was frustrating to see this app being blocked by Apple over a year ago and very little information about whether it would ever come to iOS.
Well it’s finally here; and the business conflict between cited by Apple appears to have resulted in the Steam Store access being removed from the iOS version.
In terms of streaming performance and latency the app is excellent. I have a 100Mb connection and games have played work flawlessly. It even let me launch non-steam titles which I had linked in my library; allowing me to stream games from Origin.
iPhone X iOS 12.3
Works like a dream on the iPad Pro 12.9! Ok it doesn’t fill the screen but that’s a minor detail and also apple fault. I’m only using it in the next room so not far away from my PC so can use the Xbox one controller connected via Bluetooth to my pc. I played Rage 2 and it works really well!
- Valve Corporation
- 29 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Valve Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.