Up to %85 OFF Anniversary Sale until July 15: SynthMaster One iOS $3.99, SynthMaster 2 iOS $4.99, 1+2 Bundle iOS $6.99, SynthMaster Player $5, any desktop expansions $5
SynthMaster One iOS is KV331 Audio's first full blown universal synth app on iOS platform. It's a powerful wavetable synth with an intuitive workflow. With its simple layout, rich wavetable/waveform content and inspiring factory presets library, designing new sounds with SynthMaster One iOS is a joy.
SynthMaster One iOS is feature wise identical to the desktop version except the following:
* 16 voice polyphony (32 for the desktop version)
* Comes with 650 presets (1250 for the desktop version)
* Universal App: SynthMaster One is now a universal standalone/AUv3 synth app running on iPhone 7 and above.
* 650 Factory Presets: SynthMaster One iOS comes with inspiring factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, BigTone Studios, Brian Transeau, Bluffmunkey, Bulent Biyikoglu, Gercek Dorman, Dejavu Sound, Fragment Audio, Kurt Ader, Mirko Ruta, Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Selcuk Ergen, The Machine, Vandalism Sound, Venus Theory, Vorpalsound and Xenos Soundworks
* AUv3: SynthMaster One iOS supports AudioUnits V3, allowing multiple instances to run under supporting DAW apps like GarageBand, Cubasis or Beat Maker.
* Files App Integration: Easily import/export presets, waveforms or scales using the common file browser UI (requires iOS 11+).
* Real-time Modulation Feedback: See in real-time how modulation sources and targets change. This is a very helpful feature when designing sounds!
* Cross Platform Cloud Synchronization: Easily synchronize your SynthMaster One related data across multiple platforms (Windows, MacOS, iPad, iPhone)
* Semi-Modular Architecture: For each SynthMaster One instance, there are 2 oscillators with 2 sub oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 3 LFOs, a powerful 16 step arpeggiator/sequencer and also 11 different effects that can be inserted on to 6 FX insert slots. The sub oscillators can be connected to the oscillators in 5 different modes which let you use it as a regular sub oscillator or do complex modulations such as ring modulation, amplitude modulation, phase modulation or frequency modulation.
* 32 Step Arpeggiator/Sequencer: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster One features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes.
* Wavetable Synthesis: SynthMaster One implements true wavetable synthesis which opens up new possibilities for sound design. It comes with a rich content library with hundreds of waveforms and wavetables.
* Stereo Oscillators with up to 16 voices Unison: Each of the 2 oscillators in SynthMaster One have stereo output, and can have up to 16 voices "unison". Using the "voices", "voices mix", "detune curve", "detune spread", "pan stread", "tone spread" and "phase spread" parameters, each oscillator can generate a rich "supersaw" type sound.
* Zero Delay Feedback Filters: All of the 4 filter categories in SynthMaster One are developed using the zero delay feedback filter technology. With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive, acid, filter nonlinearities and up to 4 times oversampling you can get that "analog" sound from the filters!
* Rich Set of Effects: SynthMaster One features 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
* Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file. SynthMaster One comes with 300+ scales ranging from 5 note equal tempered scales to 12 note alternate tuning scales.
* Preset Browser: SynthMaster One features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
* All 64-bit iPad devices
* AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
* Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
* Ableton Link
* Interapp Audio and AudioBus
* Bluetooth LE MIDI Controllers
3 new IAPs added:Bluffmunkey Cinematic SoundsBluffmunkey Darkwave SoundsNatlife Ambient and Chill
Ratings and Reviews
Improved almost to perfection.
edit: please fix the messed up knobs in the matrix (blue GUI auv3)
When this first came out it was unusable. I even uninstalled it at some point. But the developer kept updating it and now it is a fantastic product for an incredible price. The new GUI is really nice and and almost fully functional. Does all that you’d expect a synth to do and sounds great. Probably the best all round workhorse synth on iOS right now. If you just need One synth, get this. Covers everything from analog to digital sounds.
Overall really nice synth but
PLEASE sort out the UI response on parameters that have modulation applied to them as it makes programming, or manually automating this thing a nightmare, basically unusable in that regard. I’ve messaged about this and got zero response.
What do I mean? Let’s say you have an LFO or an envelope routed to a knob, say the filter cutoff, you set how much modulation in the mod matrix. The amount of mod depth is shown in the known. So far so good. Now go and move the knob. 8/10 instead of moving the knob you’ll be grabbing the mod amount and changing that, try again, still the mod amount, try again, oh you got the filter this time great, but the mod amount is now wrong etc. Now try to alter a parameter while you have a sequence playing, impossible it just mucks the sound up.
Apart from that, great wavetable synth, sounds good, filters are mostly good, there’s some stepping going on even if using oversampling but I can live with that flexible oscilllators, flexible mod matrix, decent FX but because of the UI issue Nave, even though not AUV3 is still my go to wavetable synth on iOS.
Desert island synth
If I had to, I would trade all my other iOS synths for this. It can either outperform them or do a good enough impression to get me by.
My previous review knocked a star off for occasional AUV3 crashes. I have not had any crashes since the update.
I don’t think I can overstate just how good this synth is. I’m not a big fan of user interface when it comes the filter envelope and modulation sections, but that’s a small niggle compared to the quality of the sounds.
Developer Response ,
Please bear with us just a little longer, our 1.3 update will surely fix this issue.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KV331 YAZILIM LTD STI
- 419.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 KV331 Audio
- In-App Purchases
- Desktop Presets Upgrade £8.99
- Demis Hellen Euphoric Trance £4.49
- BigTone Club Construction Set £4.49
- True Trance Sounds Volume 1 £4.49
- NatLife Retrowave Sounds Vol.1 £4.49
- Bluffmunkey Darkwave Sounds £4.49
- SM One Expansions Bundle £23.99
- Natlife Ambient & Chill Vol 1 £4.49
- NatLife Progressive&Deep Vol.1 £4.49
- Vandalism Future House £4.49