Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. If you'll like to try Tempo out before purchasing, download Tempo Lite for free now.
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
Tracker and Automator
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Up to 2 bars of voice count in
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Loop and auto advance through setlists
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four colour themes
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
• Fixed auto stop not working in Preset mode on iPads. Added "Auto Stop Always Active" setting on iPads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Reliable with nice touches
This is a very good metronome. I have them all and while some of them are more feature rich (eg polyrhythms etc), this app has become my go-to metronome app. It is simply the most accurate and reliable to my ears and very easy to use! For example, it makes it super easy to automate eg incremental increases in tempo after a certain no. of bars played or after a certain amount of time passed. I also like how I can combine that with the recurring muting of bars, which makes for a very useful combination when practicing rudiments.
I also like the app’s default click sound as it is audible and clear without being in your face. The interfaces simplicity is a bonus also, not least because all important functions are a maximum of two touches (most even just one) away. Great job!
Great metronome app
I have used quite a few metronome apps in the past but this is the one that I have used for years now. I use it for practice at home but also for band rehearsals and gigs. The setlist function is great and viewing full screen in this mode gives a good visual. I use in ears with a click from this app. There are loads of features and you can customise the look to suit you. Developers are really helpful and responsive answering and dealing with a query I had quickly and efficiently.
Amazing FREE update!
I absolutely love this app! The new update has been so well thought out, looks and works great. I love the new bar count feature and the new minimal screen and of course the choice of themes! Now I can practice repetitious drum rudiments without having to count each rep. What a relief! Well done guys! You have clearly been consulting with pro musicians for this update. Stuart Elliott
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 28.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack £0.99
- Theme Editor £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.