The Big Issue is Britain’s only news and entertainment weekly magazine with a social justice focus and a commitment to prevent homelessness, poverty and provide a means for society’s most marginalised to earn a living.
Engaging and thought-provoking we take an irreverent look at life, culture and politics challenging orthodoxy through righteous columnists, critics and award-winning features.
The Big Issue app provides access to our award-winning weekly publication PLUS our new Big Community channel which provides uplifting and inspiring stories about people and businesses coming together at this time of crisis, to support the most vulnerable in society.
Our vendors, iconic figures across Britain, are unable to sell on the nation’s streets due to the Covid-19 lockdown. Until then, we will continue to sell The Big Issue in stores, through subscriptions and as digital editions. Your money will directly support Big Issue vendors – you can read more about exactly how we are doing that, and how our vendors are coping during the crisis, at bigissue.com.
- The Big Issue app is free which gives access to our Big Community channel.
- Read each magazine every Monday, before it goes on general sale
- Stay plugged into our Big Community channel – live story feed, curated to provide positive and inspiring stories of people working together in the teeth of adversity
- Big Issue vendor update – fascinating daily news on how our network of vendors are coping at this time
- Fully optimised for your iPad and iPhone
- Save your favourite articles to the Saved Articles section
- Choose the number of issues saved on your device to save on memory
- Easy reading with our night mode and adjustable text size
- Download the edition and read offline at your leisure
- Share your favourite stories with family and friends through Twitter and Facebook
Users can now redeem voucher codes within the app to access our premium content.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Top App - amazing again from The Big Issue
It’s not the same as buying from a vendor but in these times, reading the magazine on my phone brings a smile to my face.
Keep up the good work Big Issue!
Really pleased to be able to get the Big Issue during the covid-19 lockdown.
Considering my first experience of the big issue has been a free one thanks to vodafone, I am shocked by the typos etc. It’s a good mag but I won’t be subscribing sadly...
- The Big Issue Group Ltd
- 25.4 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © The Big Issue Group Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- ISSUE #1399 £2.99
- 6-month Subscription £64.99
- 3-month Subscription £32.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.