Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @firstname.lastname@example.org for more updates and information!
* Finally! Full support for video and audio posts!
* Bugfixes for saving and sharing attachments.
* You can now tap on image descriptions to hide them.
* Nicer transitions when opening attachments.
* There are now links to the bug tracker and official account on the settings screen.
* Fixed double tap to zoom.
* v1.11.1: Better reloading of timelines when posting and replies when replying.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a bug that made music playing in the background stop while reading.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a bug that made images sometimes not load on instances using Jortage.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a bug that made images disappear on Pleroma instances.
* v1.11.1: Fixed a small bug with zooming after dismissing image descriptions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App, but...
It allows one to lock follower acceptance, however I can’t find a place to accept new followers. Also, on the instance I use, no images are showing up. I have tried in other apps and they do show up, so it isn’t my instance. This is really odd. I do want to keep using this app so could you please help me with these issues? Thank you!
Best Mastodon Client on iOS
I tried all of them including the paid Toot! and Mast. Although its polish is not up to established Twitter apps like Tweetbot, it is definitely the best in the bunch of Mastodon apps. Here are some thoughts:
1. The iPad interface is not optimal and gets in the way of system gestures.
2. I wish there could be some more customisation options. For example, there should be link handling options to open Twitter links in Tweetbot, URLs in Safari and etc.
3. The “Relax” doesn’t work properly. The exit button doesn’t work on my iPad Pro 10.5. I also think we should have an option to remove that button altogether.
I’ve tried all the others, both free and paid for. Toot! is the best iOS Mastodon app that’s currently out there.
- Dag Agren
- 48 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018-2019 Dag Ågren
- In-App Purchases
- Toot! for Men £1.99
- Toot! is too cheap £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.