This app does not and will never support gab.ai, or any of its spinoffs like spinster.xyz.
Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
Also, many icons by icons8.com.
* A proper native UI for reporting users.
* Blocking entire domains is now possible from the app, and editing your blocked domains can be done from the settings.
* Hopefully fixed a bug where openings message bubbles on the iPad would lock up the UI for some people.
* Fixed a small UI theming issue where some views might use the wrong colours on first launch.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, but...
It allows one to lock follower acceptance, however I can’t find a place to accept new followers. Also, on the instance I use, no images are showing up. I have tried in other apps and they do show up, so it isn’t my instance. This is really odd. I do want to keep using this app so could you please help me with these issues? Thank you!
Best Mastodon Client on iOS
I tried all of them including the paid Toot! and Mast. Although its polish is not up to established Twitter apps like Tweetbot, it is definitely the best in the bunch of Mastodon apps. Here are some thoughts:
1. The iPad interface is not optimal and gets in the way of system gestures.
2. I wish there could be some more customisation options. For example, there should be link handling options to open Twitter links in Tweetbot, URLs in Safari and etc.
3. The “Relax” doesn’t work properly. The exit button doesn’t work on my iPad Pro 10.5. I also think we should have an option to remove that button altogether.
Best Mastodon App Out There
**This app is no longer maintained, it seems**
I’ve tried pretty much all of the Mastodon apps for iOS and Toot! is by far the best. The only thing it would be nice for the developer to add, is the ability to submit reports from within Toot!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dag Agren
- 51.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018-2021 Dag Ågren
- In-App Purchases
- Toot! for Men £1.79
- Toot! is too cheap £4.99