You have a model railroad. You have an ECoS or ECoS2 digital command station from ESU, a Central Station from Märklin or a Lenz v3.6 command station. You also have an iPhone or an iPod touch from Apple and a wireless network connected to the command station.
Would you like to run your model railroad from the iPhone or iPod? You can - with TouchCab.
So what is TouchCab?
TouchCab is a handheld controller for your DCC (Digital Command Control) model railroad / railway / train set. With TouchCab you can follow your trains around your layout without having to worry about plugging and unplugging a wired device. You can throw switches/turnouts and set train routes as you move along.
- Control all the locomotives defined in the command station.
- Access up to 29 functions of each locomotive.
- Clear overview of the locomotive’s speed and state.
- Easily change the throttle from left- to right handed operation.
- Wireless network connection to the command station.
- Control all switches/turnouts and signals defined in the command station.
- Locomotives and accessories are listed alphabetically, regardless of their order in the command station lists.
Supported DCC command stations:
ECoS 50000 by ESU (v1.1.3 or higher)
ECoS 2 50200 by ESU (v3.2.0 or higher)
Central Station 60212 by Märklin (v2.0.4 or higher)
Lenz 23151 XpressNet Interface with Lenz v3.6 command stations LZV100 or LZ100
-Digital Model Railway with a compatible DCC Command Station
- Network connection to the command station
- Wireless connection to the iPhone or iPod Touch
- Tap the speed wedge in either side to speed up and slow down your trains
- Change speed gradually by dragging across the speed wedge
- Double-tap the halt button to halt all trains.
- Swipe the function buttons sideways to access locomotive functions above F7
- Switch between left and right hand operation from the options tab
- Control routes and turnouts from the turnouts tab
- Control signals and other accessories from the signals tab
Want to try before your buy?
Try TouchCab Free - a feature limited free version that is built on the same code base as TouchCab.
Updated UI to be more inline with the current iOS.
Built for 64 Bit.
ECoS Auto Discovery.
Various other bugs were squished.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
TouchCab - really pleased it’s available!
Good software, interfaces well with Lenz
Works on iPad and iPhone. All those old phones suddenly become cheap wireless throttles!
But, please update the website, not everybody is willing to sell their soul to Facebook!
A really great piece of software easy to use and so simple really well pleased very highly recommended
I don't usually write reviews on software but I couldn't resist, I tried the free version and it does what is says on the tin! A brilliant piece of software. If you have an ECoS and an iTouch/iPhone get the cheapest cab ever! Well worth the £4.95!
If you own a ECoS and haven't got an iTouch, it is worth getting one because for from £165 for the iTouch and £4.99 for TouchCab you have a true wireless Throttle, and get a free MP3/Video player and games machine thrown in!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.