The award-winning FREE Traveline Scotland app provides comprehensive information to help plan your journey in Scotland.
The app features:
- A journey planner for public transport options between any two locations in Scotland, featuring all bus, coach, rail, Glasgow Subway, tram and ferry routes,
- Departure boards showing next scheduled buses at every stop in Great Britain! Live bus times are shown in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Angus, Ayrshire, Fife, Lothians, Scottish Borders, Inverness area and Orkney where available,
- Live train departure times for all rail stations in Scotland,
- Departure times also shown for Scottish ferry terminals and Glasgow Subway stations, together with local taxi details relevant to your location,
- See full routes on the map, with all scheduled calling points and stop times displayed,
- News & Notices affecting public transport services,
- Cycle journey planner powered by CycleStreets,
- Contact details for all Scottish public transport operators,
For the strategic road network, the app provides direct access to Traffic Scotland. This section features:
- Current trunk road incident information,
- Live Camera views from motorway and trunk road cameras,
- Current journey times for major routes,
- Details of current and planned roadworks,
- Regularly updated weather and planned events info.
You can also listen to the latest live travel information on the Traffic Scotland Radio player.
- View stops along your route in the journey planner
- Push notifications available for Travel Alerts
- Access today’s next departures from the journey planner
- Multi-operator ticket info in journey planner
- Improvements to Travel Updates
- New section for fares and ticket info
- Device compatibility fixes
- More features coming soon!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to be great
Now it’s awful. No explanation of symbols just a map of Scotland. Try fining accidents and roadworks in your area. I can’t. Used to be a list which you could scan through quickly. Now painstaking to find anything. A real step backwards. Looking for another app to replace it
Used to be good. Now inaccurate cr*p
This app is a necessity for anybody reliant on public transportation. It used to fine - reliable and accurate. Now in my area (Fife, Dundee) it has missing or in accurate information. The last time I asked the journey planner for a trip from Fife to Dundee, it suggested a 3 hour trip using bus and rail. In actuality, there was a 30 minute direct bus. Also, the bus times where I live are inaccurate in spite of alerting the company to this. The app is rubbish, and so apparently is the online site, so the database must be to blame. I've given up on traveline and now am using Google maps, which seems to have reasonably accurate information. Such a shame to see such a useful app turn to such rubbish. :(
App not good anymore
I like this app. It makes travel on public transport less stressful, when you have a guide of timetable and services To-and-fro. Foresight this app has it. Timetable accuracy is important 10 mins either way is close enough for me. Just knowing that there is going to be a bus train etc etc to be there roundabout the time stated. Delay no want can predict that. But this little app does what it says on the tin.
Developer Response ,
Sorry parts of our app were temporarily unavailable over the weekend. Our hosting supplier has fixed their systems, and everything should be back online now. If you'd like more info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Traveline Scotland Ltd
- 11.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Traveline Scotland Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.