This app supports reading of supported cards via both NFC (where supported by the device) and QR code. It allows card checkers to scan a cardholder's card to:
• Verify that cardholders have appropriate, current and valid competencies to undertake roles before entering a worksite, either via a spot check or during swipe in.
• Swipe cardholders in and out of a work site.
• View work restrictions and any suspensions associated with a cardholder and deny access to site.
• View job roles associated with a cardholder.
• Award site-based competencies and view pending competencies.
• View the shift history of a cardholder to support fitness for duty checks.
The app also allows registered cardholders to check their own Validate smartcard to view card details, job roles and competencies. Further detail on the cardholder record, as well as functionality to allow the cardholder to request profile changes, are available via the miValidate website. Please contact your employer for details of how to access miValidate.
Where available, virtual cards can be added to the Vircarda app wallet – refer to the separate store listing for Vircarda.
Physical and virtual cards can be checked by scanning the QR code.
NFC functionality is available on NFC capable devices. To read physical smartcards via NFC, first select the Scan Your Card button then the Contactless button. When prompted, hold the card in contact with the NFC area on the rear of your device until the card has been read successfully and any required card updates have completed. NFC must be enabled on the device. Internet access is not required to read smartcards using NFC – the last details stored in the smartcard’s microchip will be read if the app is offline. If internet access is available when an NFC card is read, any offline updates for that smartcard from the SkillGuard database are transferred automatically to it. Smartcard checks are uploaded automatically to the database when an internet connection is present.
*** This application must only be used with Validate version 5 systems. The upgrade of Validate systems from v4 to v5 will commence from August 2020. Clients that have not yet upgraded should continue to use the Validate v4 app ("Validate QR") ***
Validate is sold exclusively by MITIE and is the full copyright of Reference Point Ltd.
• Added support to read and update cards using NFC.
• Added option to allow a single group competency evidence attachment to be awarded to multiple cardholders.
• Added support for Validate 5.1 release.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Reference Point Limited
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Reference Point Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.