Connecting a billion people with calls, chats, and more
WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• WERUN: Use Healthkit and Health app data to sync your step count on WeRun, where you can compete against friends with daily step rankings. Enable WeRun in “Settings” > “General” > “Plug-ins”.
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends' messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
• EASY MODE: Clearer and larger text and buttons for better readability.
- “Easy Mode” can be enabled to display clearer and larger text and buttons.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this APP for everything. It’s great, I just want two things.
1. Please introduce a ‘Temporarily Mute’ function that allows us to mute specific chats for a specific amount of time. For example, I am part of a group chat but not part of a conversation. I would like to stop receiving notifications without muting the whole chat. Otherwise it is likely I will either forget to unmute or be frustrated by the amount of notifications.
2. Please allow us to make Group Folders. Due to restaurants requesting us to follow their WeChat account or following their WeChat account for use of WiFi, I have many companies who send me lots of notifications. I sometimes do not want to unfollow because they can be useful, however, it would be nice if I could section these chats so they do not fill up my chat feed.
This would also be helpful for separating ‘friends’ from ‘work’, as I use the same account for each thing.
WeChat is now a waste a space.
After this stupid update, you can longer log in to your account without it asking for your credit card information, I only used this app to text my family and friends so I don’t see any reason for credit card info, plus I don’t even own a card. If you fail to fill in this information, the app will force you to log out of WeChat, it’s like they don’t want you to use it. This update also clears all chat histories if you haven’t transferred them, all my chat histories have been completely wiped and there’s no way of retrieving it. Also, a pop up before the update said something along the lines of “if you don’t update to the latest version, you will no longer be able to use WeChat”. This update has completely ruined itself and now it has become just a waste of storage space on my phone. I highly recommend everyone to not download this app. Or until something has been done about this.
Poor poor poor customer service
Can someone please reply to all the emails, Tweets, Facebook messages I’ve sent. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
- 559.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2011 - 2022 Tencent Inc. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Onigiri&Friends £0.89
- Hello, Crayon £0.89
- DURURU £0.89
- Cat's Melody £0.89
- Oni & Bugi £0.89
- Molang £0.89
- Growing Garam £0.89
- Hello Jadoo £0.89
- Monthly VIP Member of ChenKun's K.World £2.49
- Quarterly VIP Member of ChenKun's K.World £6.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.