My Metro – The official West Midlands Metro app
Welcome to West Midlands Metro, the brand-new app for the regions expanding Tram network.
Here are some of the useful features
• Purchase tickets in advance – Day, Group, Weekly & Monthly
• Plan your journey. Know how long your journey will take
• Save you favourite routes for quick selection when on the go
• Pay with Credit, Debit cards or PayPal
• Provide feedback direct from the app
Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/WMMetro
Follow us on Facebook - https://facebook.com/WMmetro
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect for what I need
Quick and easy registration, easy to buy tickets. Improvements will never hurt but for a start it’s great & a brilliant app exclusive monthly ticket to save me money.
Developers clearly don’t have Geography and Maths GCSEs, or even common sense
So many problems with this app, why has no one noticed them? It is seriously embarrassing.
1. Some of the metro stops are called “metro stops” some are called “stations”, some are called neither. This needs to be standardised for all metro stops.
2. There is a 3 minute bug where the tram time gets changed to
3 minutes later. Check the example in the app store photo - the tram time changes from 15:05 to 15:08. If you believe this you will miss the tram!
4. It invents an x minute walk from your destination tram stop to your destination tram stop. In the example it says it takes 3 minutes to walk from Soho Benson Road to Soho Benson Road. In reality this takes 0 minutes as you just step off the tram and you’re there!
5. In the search results it shows the first tram as one in the past.
I suggest the developers are sacked and replaced with primary school kids - they could do a whole lot better than this shower!
Terrible Metro App
Either this app is terrible or is not linked to the timetable. Timings of trams do not match actual times and functionality is limited to finding tram times, which are inaccurate or to buying tickets. I’ve stood on freezing platform for 25 minutes then sat on the tram for another 10 minutes as the tram I thought I was catching was cancelled but as the app doesn’t have live updates I didn’t know this and turned down a lift in favour of the Metro! Terrible app that I’ll delete after I’ve written this review and go back to using the Citymapper App that strangely does have live updates for the Metro even though you don’t.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.