My Metro – The official West Midlands Metro app
Welcome to West Midlands Metro, the brand-new app for the regions expanding Tram network.
Here are some of the useful features
• Purchase tickets in advance – Day, Group, Weekly & Monthly
• Plan your journey. Know how long your journey will take
• Save you favourite routes for quick selection when on the go
• Pay with Credit, Debit cards or PayPal
• Provide feedback direct from the app
Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/WMMetro
Follow us on Facebook - https://facebook.com/WMmetro
Fixed Isolated incidents of date's displayed incorrectly.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for what I need
Quick and easy registration, easy to buy tickets. Improvements will never hurt but for a start it’s great & a brilliant app exclusive monthly ticket to save me money.
Developers clearly don’t have Geography and Maths GCSEs, or even common sense
So many problems with this app, why has no one noticed them? It is seriously embarrassing.
1. Some of the metro stops are called “metro stops” some are called “stations”, some are called neither. This needs to be standardised for all metro stops.
2. There is a 3 minute bug where the tram time gets changed to
3 minutes later. Check the example in the app store photo - the tram time changes from 15:05 to 15:08. If you believe this you will miss the tram!
4. It invents an x minute walk from your destination tram stop to your destination tram stop. In the example it says it takes 3 minutes to walk from Soho Benson Road to Soho Benson Road. In reality this takes 0 minutes as you just step off the tram and you’re there!
5. In the search results it shows the first tram as one in the past.
I suggest the developers are sacked and replaced with primary school kids - they could do a whole lot better than this shower!
Registration is via email and it is clunky. If you really need profile pic import from Facebook or twitter.
Date of birth scroll wheel set to today’s date. Default should be perhaps 1990 to prevent the need for scrolling.
UI is ugly but haven’t tested functionality as will only will start using the tram when there extensions that make if useful to me.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.