When Saturday Comes is Britain's leading independent football magazine. Since its launch in 1986, the aim of WSC has always been to provide a voice for intelligent football fans. Each issue features contributions from readers as well as professional journalists. WSC offers both a serious and humorous view of football, covering all the topics that fans are likely to talk about.
Regular features include:
Editorial – our take on a football issue
Sidelines – the current big stories
Match of the month
World and Euro view – the global game
Focus on – classic archive photography
Letters – your thoughts
Last word – whimsical musings
The magazine has become recognised as a source of informed comment on all aspects of the game and will appeal to anyone who cares about football at all levels, not just at the top of the English Premier League. This app includes extra content not available in the printed issue.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to April 2009. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£2.29 per month
£22.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is great, the magazine is fantastic and I love the archive after subscribing.
Been a paper subscriber for years and waited patiently for this to come along- not disappointed! Witty and intelligent articles always, well worth the subscription for any football fan with an IQ above that of a glass of water.
Compared to other magazine apps for the iPhone this one is lacking somewhat. The layout of the columns is too wide and so if trying to fit onto the screen it makes the print very small and hard to read. If you zoom in then some of the text goes off the screen and you are constantly scrolling from left to right.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.9 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- When Saturday Comes £2.29
- When Saturday Comes £22.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.