The WiFi Blocker app will change the way you WiFi and control your home network. With WiFi Blocker you can block any individual or group of devices from internet access, find your WiFi passwords, see who's online, group devices into profiles for easy control and organise your network. At the push of a button your children are offline. The ideal parental control companion. SEE SUPPORTED ROUTERS BEFORE PURCHASE
• Take Control of your WiFi.
• Control your Kids internet access with touch of a button.
• Restrict bandwidth hogs.
• Block your kids internet access quick and simply.
• Parent friendly, very easy to setup, very easy to use.
• Individually block any devices on your router quickly,
• Router Scheduling (available on certain routers only - see below) - block out weekly hours grid and assign devices to the schedule, router auto blocks/unblocks devices.
• Create People profiles to group devices per user helping organise your network
• Pause internet access per user profile (bed time; dinner time; family event)
• See who is currently connected to your WiFi router with detailed information per device such as device MAC address, IP Address, name, connection status.
• See which devices in your network are still powered on (that should be turned off).
• Set 'Always Allowed' filters.
• Rename device to friendly names
• Detailed Device information of all your connected devices on your network
• View/Copy WiFi credentials (easy to share with guests).
• Stop smart devices from sending traffic on internet (printers, etc).
• No third party hardware required (you must own a supported router before purchase! ).
• No subscriptions, single purchase.
• No Cloud / Works on your Local Wifi only
• No software installation on any client device required. blocking at the router.
• Parental controls at router
WARNING: Before purchase, ensure you own one of the following supported routers. WiFi Blocker will not function on unsupported routers.
• Arris BGW 210-700
• Arris NVG Gateways
• Arris Surfboard SBG 6400, 6580, 6580-2, 6700, 6782, 6900
• Arris Surfboard SBR AC-1200P, AC-1900P, AC-3200P
• Arris TG862 XFinity
• Arris TG2492 LG/S/CE/VM (Scheduling)
• Asus RT, NxxU,
• Billion BiPAC (firmware 2.32+) (Scheduling)
• BT Hub/SmartHubs 4, 5 and 6 (Scheduling on SmartHub 6 models)
• CenturyLink models (Scheduling)
• CBN Compal CH7465 LG/CE
• DD-WRT (Scheduling)
• D-Link 2750u / 27nn, 3782, 3780
• DrayTek Vigor 2860 (no blocking support yet)
• EE SmartHub (Scheduling) and Bright Box 2
• Fritz!Box (Firmware 6.3+) (Scheduling)
• Hitron Cgnm-2250, Cgnv4, Cgnm, Cgnvm, Cgn3, Coda
• Huawei B593, HG622, HG633, HG635, HG658c, HG659
• Liberty Global Connect Box
• Linksys Smart WiFi models and WRT32x
• Linksys x3500 and similar xNNNN models (scheduling)
• Motorola MG7550
• NetComm (Scheduling)
• Netgear Nighthawk 6400/6700/6900/7000/7100/7300/7800/8000
• Netgear WNDRv3 models 3400/3700/3800/4500
• Netgear XR500, XR700
• Plusnet One
• Sagemcom F@st 5nnn
• Sky Hub2 (SR102), Sky Q Router (ER115/ER110) -> see our other app
• Sky NowTv / Tv2 -> see our other app
• Technicolor 8715D
• TalkTalk (D-Link 3780, D-Link 3782, Huawei HG633, Huawei HG635, and latest WiFi hub.
• Telenet Connect Box
• Tenda 300 & AC
• Telus T3200 (Scheduling)
• Tp-Link Archer C50, VR900 v1 and possible other Archers*.
• Tp-Link model TL-WR841N (rev13/14/11/..)
• Tp-Link model TL-WR840N
• Tp-Link model TD-W8961
• UPC Connect Box
• Verizon Fios G1100 (Scheduling)
• Verizon ActionTec MI424WR Rev1
• Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (Scheduling), Superhub 1, 2 and 2.0ac
• Virgin Media Voom Biz Business
• Windstream 3200 (with Scheduling)
• VPC Connect Box
• Ziggo Connect Box
• Zoom Cable Modem 5363
• ZTE 298
We are currently implement schedule timed access across all routers that support scheduling.
Your router not on the list, send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fixed BT SmartHub Blocking commands
Fixed EE SmartHub Blocking commands
Fixed TalkTalk Hub Blocking commands
Fixed FritzBox WiFi name issue for FritzOS 7.10
Fixed VirginMedia Hub 3.0 reported wired types for devices
Ratings and Reviews
This app has been amazing for controlling my boys midnight xbox box playing, I had schedules set so I didn't need to have the argument of getting them off it has been the best fiver I have spent on an app!!!
At the moment we are experiencing some difficulties with it not working correctly, getting stuck on a block and no schedules etc. BUT the support has been great, have sent all the requested info and they are looking into it.
Given they have got a lot of personal stuff going on I think we can suffer another few weeks of arguing with our kids over coming off the xbox and when it is back up to full speed I can set my schedules again 😊
This hasn’t worked for us: uninstalling
We were soooo excited about the promise of this app. With two teenage children who need to do more homework and less going awol online, an app that would allow us to block their devices while allowing us to keep working online seemed perfect. We’ve spent days now (1)trying to get it to find all the devices at all (2) having then found the devices, we blocked 2 of the 11 that were attached to the router. (3) the blocked devices were still online for a couple of days. (4) we have a support request that has not been answered 3 days later. So, (5) deciding to abandon use of the app, we reconnected the blocked devices, checked and rechecked, rebooted, despite having done this several times for a couple of days the devices remain blocked. So, finally (6) we are going to uninstall the app and sincerely hope that allows us to get back to normal and re-connect the devices. It’s been a wholly frustrating experience. The interface and instructions are not super clear and what happens when you start to use it has been, for us, really frustrating. We’ll be asking for a refund.
Developer Response ,
Sincere Apologies for your frustrations!
Your sky hub does not follow the usual parental controls, requiring a reboot of devices to get them to forget about ipv6, and pickup a new ip range. in addition there’s been a bug we caught with the hub v1 2.4ghz only model (not the q) that needs released ASAP that fails to clear the routers reserved addresses. Will explain your frustrations.
With the sky and now tv hubs it follows a different design but was not designed correctly for these hubs. It does work great for other routers. We’ve released a separate app that addresses these problems and allows us to correct issues with previous shoe horning the sky and now tv hubs into this app. As there’s various setup required that’s different from all others.
Our youngest sons back in hospital and not been right all week, along with holidays, so apologies for no replies to emails.
We’ve fixed the bug, will be in next update.
In addition you can download the sky specific app free , search ‘wifi skyenowtv hub remote’ or see other apps by us. Please try this app, you’ll get your blocked devices back and have it working with scheduling. Read the app description it states some notes about if you reboot your router, your devices don’t show as active, until they connect back in.
Great app, control of the internet for your kids
Wow! I could not recommend this highly enough for parents who want to control internet access for their kids. Very easy to set up and many options for blocking access to the internet for both wireless and wired devices if you use powerline adapters or a LAN network. You can control each individual device accessing the internet on your broadband router. No more checking their bedrooms after bedtime, just turn their items off remotely from the comfort of your sofa!
- test-alpha ltd
- 78.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © test-alpha Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.