The Wolfram Sun Exposure Reference App is your ultimate beach essential this summer and all year! It calculates how long your skin can be exposed to the Sun without burning based on your skin type, location, time, and the level of Sun protection factor (SPF) you might be using. You can also compute a UV forecast for your location, along with a sun protection advisory. Bonus features include sunrise and sunset time, current Sun position, and weather forecast.
The personalized results show you:
- How long you can stay in the Sun before you’re likely to burn based on the factors you reported
- Results automatically computed for your current location along with an option to enter any location, worldwide
- A Sun protection advisory recommending an SPF level
- A UV forecast for your location
- Information on the UV levels for a five-day period that includes the past 24 hours
- A UV index forecast map that you can manipulate by date and time
The Wolfram Sun Exposure Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Sun Exposure Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I've tried three UV forecasting apps, one costing £1.49 which was truly dreadful and simply didn't work. The second was free and was good for a quick reference. This app at £0.69 gives me highly accurate forecasts, which I need to know and understand in order to protect my already damaged eyes, but in addition their is a treasure chest of additional weather related information including historical data.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.