X Drummer is the ultimate drum production tool for guitarists, songwriters and mobile musicians. Start your musical journey by playing a simple riff on your guitar - X Drummer listens in real-time, searching for a matching drum performance based on the tempo and feel of your riff. The extensive groove library offers detailed realism, encompassing the subtle nuances of a real drummer and delivering realistic drum performances - not just generic backing tracks.
Record your musical ideas into X Drummer and take them along with you, whether you’re at home, on the road or in the studio. Then utilize the simple-yet-robust drum editor to fine-tune your drum grooves and further personalize your song.
Easily create a drum track
- “Play To Find” instantly listens and searches for a drum track that meshes with your guitar riff
- X Drummer can use an audio interface or the built-in mic on your iPad to hear and analyze your riff
- Get started quickly by using any of the 60+ pre-made drum tracks available
- Swap out different drum kits on the fly to instantly audition your existing groove with new sounds
Browse the entire collection
- Apply Quick Filter to search for the exact groove that you want
- Build your drum track from scratch using one or more of the 380+ patterns available in the library
- Audition each pattern or an entire drum track using X Drummer’s simple controls
- Instantly add patterns and drum tracks to the Song Editor
Personalize your song idea
- Use Inter-App Audio to record your riff by incorporating other musical instrument applications
- Song Editor lets you edit drum patterns by changing hit articulations, notations, and the leading hand
- Use any of the 5 available dynamic presets to get the groove that you’re looking for
- Export your song as MIDI or an audio file to other music apps, via Open In, email or Dropbox
Build and customize your drum kit
- Quickly build your own drum kit from the 7 built-in drum sets (Funk, Pop Rock, Cocktail, Country, Metal, Studio and Vintage)
- Swap out each drum and cymbal to build a kit that matches the needs of your song perfectly
- Further customize your kit by changing the drumhead, dampening devices, pitch, and more
- Personalize the look of your kit by applying different finishes and changing hardware fittings
- 7 studio-quality vintage and modern drum kits
- 5 additional drum kits available for purchase (80s Rock, Modern FX, Jazz, Progressive Metal, Indie Rock)
- 240 MIDI grooves available for purchase (80s Pop, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal)
- Build your own signature drum kits and apply them to your drum track on the fly for instant results
- Drum preset system to save and recall favorite drums
- Simple and intuitive filter system for easy navigation within the grooves library
- Inter-App Audio support
- Audiobus support
- Background audio mode
- Export your song as MIDI or an audio file (via Dropbox or Mail)
- Optimized for retina display
What’s New in Version 1.5
- Completely redesigned user interface for better workflow – new Song Editor, transport controls, Browser, Play to Find, and more.
- The groove library has been expanded to 380+ realistic drum performances.
- New drum kit preset management lets users quickly save and recall custom drum kits.
- Improved Play to Find engine for more accurate and faster analysis.
- New filter options allow quicker navigation within the MIDI groove library.
- Recorder feature allows users to overdub guitar riffs on top of the backing drum track.
- 5 new drum kits (80s Rock, Modern FX, Jazz, Progressive Metal and Indie Rock) available as in-app purchases.
- 3 MIDI groove packs (80s Pop, Classic Rock and Heavy Metal) available via in-app purchase.
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support (full integration with BIAS FX, BIAS Amp, BIAS Pedal, and JamUp).
- Export audio and drum tracks via Email or Dropbox.
This release brings the following updates:
- Hit articulation options will now appear correctly in the Fine-Tune menu
- Various minor fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Right I really love this app it is very useful for me being more of a portable guitarist than anything else but sometimes I would press on genre that I play which is metal and no matter what riff I play I keep getting the same drum beats over and over again just a different tempo and I have bought the heavy metal pack and I have the default metal arrangements that it comes with but it’s just annoying how no matter what kind of metal riff I play I get the same drum arrangements if this is a bug it needs fixing ASAP as I love this app it’s handy to be able to just plug my guitar into my iPad and open the app and play the riff I have just wrote and have a instant drum track for that riff but at the moment it’s not what I’m enjoying using because of this issue.
I also think that some features in the app that would make it even better is having the ability to record your own drum beats using the your own custom drum kit I know this apps main purpose is to give you an instant drum track depending on what you play on the guitar but I would love to be able to play a drum beat I have in my head and turn it into a reality using this app. Another feature that would be cool is having the ability to fully customise the drum track from editing the grooves like you can in midi based programs.
Just So So
I really wanted to like this app but it's just so so limited. No option to edit midi within app, some of the fills are just all over the place. Play to learn really is a gimmick as it just does a track regardless of whether you sing humpty dumpty or rock. Some of the samples cut out without decaying properly.
I can't put my finger fully on it but it just seems half baked for the money. Maybe it will improve. I love Positive Grid otherwise but wish I could have a refund.
Edit October 2019 Still very average and not usable. I'm guessing PG will abandon this for Spark or something. The funk beats and rythmns are atrocious. Clearly not programmed by a funk drummer or musician.
Really loving it .............but
Would love it even more if it had more jazz options. Jazz appears in one of the options but doesn’t appear to contain any content. I bought it as I’m branching out into writing some jazz but don’t get any suggestions of beats just rock or blues ones which don’t work.
Developer Response ,
I believe you're referring to the "Jazz" in-app purchase item within X Drummer's store page? That is actually a whole new complete drum sample suited for Jazz. It's not an in-app purchase for drum grooves. However, we do have Jazz and Blues grooves coming in the very near future! If you have any more suggestions or feedback that could help us improve the app, please send us a ticket here: https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Thank you for your support!
- Positive Grid Inc
- 532 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Positive Grid Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 80s Rock £3.99
- Modern FX £3.99
- Jazz £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.