XGimp is an adaptation for iPhone and iPad of the app GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation), which is a freely distributed program for tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. As a result of that, the app XGimp provides many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, image editor, an expert quality photo retouching program, an image renderer, or an image format converter.
XGimp is the app GIMP that runs remotely, so it has the same features:
- Suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Image editor.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Full alpha channel support.
- Layers and channels.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
- Editable text layers.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
A guide about how to use this app can be found at http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
XGimp is the app GIMP that is run remotely.
The subscription inside the app consists on the following:
- The length of the subscription is 1 month
- The price of the subscription is $0.99
- The subscription will be auto-renewed every month so that you can continue enjoying the app without ads.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Zoom In & Out, that allows to adapt the screen displayed with the app GIMP.
- Scrolling effects, to be used when the GIMP app size is larger than the phone or tablet screen size.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Real but difficult to work with
This is no fake. xGimp does exactly what pc version does. I only tried hue saturation, brightness, rotate and few others functions and can confirm this is the real deal. Its awful however on Iphone. I can’t work without a mouse. Thanks for this though, one can never know when your computer got stolen and you still need to make that banner.... im gonna keep it
I truly am disappointed with the photographic apps available on iOS, and the way photo editing software is going anyway, with expensive monthly subscriptions for features you’ll only use if you have regular workflow or a serious serious hobby deserving such a commitment. I used to be happy with earlier full(ish) cost photoshops which allowed me to pursue a semi serious hobby, and enter amateur competions. But am I now being nudged out.
There is clearly a market for a cost effective, feature generous editor, and thought GIMP might be a good shout. I have some respect for the PC version.
So thought this was a freak series of reviews, but no, it really doesn’t work. The app loads, but doesn’t even allow me to select a photo either local nor remote.
So, unless there is something that I am missing, this seem to be non functional on 2019 iPad Air iOS 13
Basically lets you use GIMP on an iPad. What more could you want? Just to say, you have to click on remote editor if you want to use GIMP like you do on a computer.
- Securenet Sistemas Avanzados, SL
- 18.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SSA
- In-App Purchases
- XGimp without ads £0.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.